Active members

aww :( you can always wish ;)

when it says active members it just means who has been active in the last 10 mins or so (viewing threads, posting, etc).
i think?
edit: oops, i get it now... yea that would be cool :p

go to the forum front page,

scroll to the bottom, youll see that we already have a "what's going on box"

this box has three sections

Currently active users: [count] which is then divided into ([count] members and [count] guests)

it tells you what the most users online ever was, and the names of the currently active users

it tells you forums statistics, like amount of threads and amount of posts,
and who the newest registered member is
also any birthdays for registered members

that's on the main page.

go into a topic and the box changed to show you the number of members active in a single topic, members guests and names of active members.

nice idea, and kudos for David for implementing it about five years before it was asked for!

Oh, and active members counts as those currently online,

or those that have been online in the recent past, (probably ten minutes, though David could say for sure)

I'm not sure, but I think these are 2 different things. The one we currently have counts the number of users that are on at that moment (or within the past few minutes).

I think the suggested one shows the active users as in how many active members we still have that post on here once in a while. I don't know what the time frame would be...

I'm not sure, but I think these are 2 different things. The one we currently have counts the number of users that are on at that moment (or within the past few minutes).

I think the suggested one shows the active users as in how many active members we still have that post on here once in a while. I don't know what the time frame would be...

they are different, you are correct.

Back
Top Bottom