Fan for TRUE 120 Black

a lot of people swear by these, but I'm not really a silent pc type, so I've never had one...

Yate Loon

I have three of them in my PC. Very good fans, especially for the price. The only drawback is that it's a sleeve bearing, which brings me to my point.

Sleeve bearings are lubricated bushings. What this means is that if you mount the fan horizontally (fan blows up or down, north/south etc.) all the lubricant will go down because of the gravity. This leads to a lack of proper lubrication, causing the bearing to have a shorter lifetime.

I try to stay with Sunon fans for their long life and durability. They private label for the likes of Startech and a few others. They do have a line of fluid bearing fans that to me is the best type of bearing. No matter which way you turn them the shaft remains lubed.
I was looking at some radical ways to move a column of air instead of a straight line. You might want to look in to a cross flow type of fan. They move massive amounts of air and by design are rather quiet.

The fan that I suggested is a quieter then the ultra kazes and will push plenty enough air too keep even an OCed CPU cool. Seti aren't all intel boards faced left to right? I know amds are up and down (who's idea was that *face palm*)
From experience?

The TRUE has densely packed fins which means that it requires a fan with a high static pressure rating. The easiest to acquire are the Scythe Ultra Kaze (which I have and it works very well with my TRUE), and the Silverstone FM122. The Ultra Kaze is a lot like the Sanyo Denki that Cabbs linked to, but much easier to acquire. I'd go with the 2000RPM model, although I have the 3000s. :p

Yate Loons are great cheap fans, but you want fans that are going to give you the most performance, right?

Thanks everybody for the input.

I figured I'm going with the Thermalright 120 Extreme RT, since it is already compatible with socket 1366.

Does anybody know how good the included fan is?

That fan should be fine for your system but its not as good as the ultra kaze that me and worshipme recommended.

Sythe Ultra Kaze 3000: 133,60CFM
Thermalright stock: 63.7CFM

But the Sythe is much louder though.

Fan
Dimension: L120*W120*H25mm
Bearing type: FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing)
Rated Speed: 1600RPM
Noise Level: 28.0 dBA
Air Flow: 63.7CFM
Looks decent, won't be the best performing, though.

Back
Top Bottom