MAC vs PC

^ true, but im not using it for gaming, so the 3650 would be unnecessary. But price does play a factor in my decision.

Heres my example. Which computer would a person want. im gonna use dell since using newegg wouldnt be fair. An entry level computer

What you get if you get a mac
iMac $1200

What you get if you get a Dell
XPS 420 $1300

How much would you give up for a mac?

Try to compare something in the right product range. The iMac is a all-in-one PC, while the XPS is a full fledged desktop. It's like a notebook, you'll be paying for the compact footprint.

Do you know how many people have vista? Millions and Millions of people are using vista all the time. how many people are using mac? of course vista problems are going to be more widespread, plus over half of mac users are experienced computer users. Most everyday users on windows cant even remember to defragment there drive atleast once every 3 months, watch what there actually downloading or figure out that a P3 cant run vista...

Plus Apple has closed off third party developers. So of course they can keep there OS controlled better......

Most people only use Vista because you can find cheaper computers with it. It's not because of the technical skill level of users. You're really just pulling shit out of your ass, aren't you? You're getting your bullshit confused with the amount of people using high end Mac products for stuff Windows can't handle. Just because a producer is using Mac, doesn't mean he has a high level of knowledge, it just means he is using a high end product for more important things. I've seen just as many newbies buy a Mac as I have Windows. They just want a better product. You also pay for the name.

I posted up the imac because the next computer is this
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro?mco=MTE2NjQ

$3000. jesus christ

Just because a producer is using Mac, doesn't mean he has a high level of knowledge, it just means he is using a high end product for more important things. I've seen just as many newbies buy a Mac as I have Windows.

Yeah a producer gets a mac because of CS4, newbies get a mac because "its different" and newbies get windows because it is cheaper, a worldwide standard for OS's, because almost everyone has one so support is pretty easy to get, and if a part burns out or fails they can easily get it replaced.

Do you know how many people have vista? Millions and Millions of people are using vista all the time. how many people are using mac? of course vista problems are going to be more widespread, plus over half of mac users are experienced computer users.

newbies get windows because it is cheaper, a worldwide standard for OS's, because almost everyone has one so support is pretty easy to get, and if a part burns out or fails they can easily get it replaced.

So, let me get this straight. The more people that use Windows, the more problems it has? Don't you think Microsoft would build a more solid OS, if so many people were using it?

Moving from Windows to Mac isn't very difficult. Just about everything is cross supported. Most games aren't. But, oh well.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/new_to_mac?mco=NzY2ODc3
Do you know most people haven't even heard of Leopard? You're only thinking about laptops. The all in one PC's, a copy of the iMac, are cheaper. I use Windows right now. But, I have no shame to say that Leopard is a more stable OS, right now.

Take a look at some speed tests.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/reviews/4258725.html?page=2
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/reviews/4258725.html?page=3

Once you have about $1000+ to spend on a laptop. Mac is the winner. You can't really compare a $500 Acer to a $1200 Mac.

So, let me get this straight. The more people that use Windows, the more problems it has? Don't you think Microsoft would build a more solid OS, if so many people were using it?

I think what he means is that since Windows operating systems are much more popular, you hear more about Windows problems than Mac problems.

As with any computer whether an apple product or a (generic term here) PC, either one has it's strong points and it's weak points. In the case of which is really better, it's up to you the end user to decide. What is it you want to use your computer for? Which of the platforms does the job better? Which platform has the better bang for the buck ratio?
In the end you will have to make that decision. Do your homework and shop carefully.

I didn't vote but here's my reason.

Decide what software you want to use then make your decision.

I use Nuendo 3, Sonar 8, Reason 4, etc. And some of these DAW's are available for both Windows and OSX. But if I really had to use Logic Pro 8 then I would have to have a MAC.

For what I do though the Windows OS and the software I use is plentyful and works.

And don't go by what reviewers say about the software on the different platforms. They both have positives and negatives.

So, as above. See what software you want to use and that will steer you to the platform you need.

Back
Top Bottom