Easer wire management

Holysky

Fully Optimized
I have a Raidmax Sagitta compute rcase i i am getting a new power supply. I was going to get an OCZ Modular power supply, but i think i found a better deal. The problem is, is that alot of people say there are way to many wires with this power supply. I already am having a hard time with my current power supply. Is there a way that i can someway make my case look like it has a modular power supply, while still being able to close the back door of my case because of al the wire clutter?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339002

should i get this and have alot of wire problems, but have the ablility to sli gtx 280 and save about 20 bucks. or should i get a modular and suffer the power loss, and price, but have virtually no excess wire?

ill get back to you all tomorrow because i am going to o to sleep. peace

How could a modular power supply have too many cables if you only use what you need?

You would do OK with that PSU. It's not the greatest, but it's from a fairly reliable manufacturer. Their lower end stuff is crap though.

My second system has the same Sagitta case you mention...I had no problem with cable management. It's all about patience, time, and effort...along with zip-ties and some creative thinking...maybe even a new hole or two.

You can get self adhesive cable strap bases. It's a small square plastic base with holes in it to slip cable straps through. They go a long ways in making cable management simple.

The clips Setishock mentioned definitely help you route wires to where you want them to go.

I'd still get a modular PSU though.

can u post a link to these self adhesive cable strap bases or whatever they are please?

You can get them at Home Depot. They are called "mounting bases." They don't stick out as much, which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom