MAC vs PC

Then your school probably doesn't know how to use the software updater. Like Windows, you need regular updates to ensure your computer's well being.

i personally feel that a Mac costs too much money for what you got.

I picked up my lappy recently (< a month ago) for ~$800. This had a nice 2.2GHz Core 2 duo, 4GB ram, 320GB hd, webcam (not that i use it), 14.1" screen (1280x800), Vista Home Premium 64bit edition...it even has HD3200 grapics(not great but better than integrated, it can run WoW on med setting at ~30FPS lol)

I cant complain at all, runs all the things i need it to, Matlab, simulink, remote desktop(hahahaha),MS Office, Xilinx stuff...

but if you want a Mac the go for it...like 01001010 said, you gotta be open to it...you are the one that has to decide whether its worth the extra money...

Do you know how many people have vista? Millions and Millions of people are using vista all the time. how many people are using mac? of course vista problems are going to be more widespread, plus over half of mac users are experienced computer users. Most everyday users on windows cant even remember to defragment there drive atleast once every 3 months, watch what there actually downloading or figure out that a P3 cant run vista...

Plus Apple has closed off third party developers. So of course they can keep there OS controlled better......

I voted mac. After playing with my brothers new Mac Book Pro, I've decided that if I had enough money, I would replace my PC with one.

Heres my example. Which computer would a person want. im gonna use dell since using newegg wouldnt be fair. An entry level computer

What you get if you get a mac
iMac $1200
20" inch monitor
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
250GB Serial ATA Drive
128mb Radeon Mobility
Apple Mighty Mouse
Apple Keyboard (English) + User's Guide
Accessory kit

What you get if you get a Dell
XPS 420 $1300
XPS 420 Intel® Core™2 Q8200 Quad-Core (4MB L2 cache,2.33GHz,1333FSB)
Windows Vista® Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit
Memory 6GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
Monitors Dell SP2009W 20" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Webcam
Video Cards ATI Radeon HD3650 256MB
Hard Drive 750GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

How much would you give up for a mac?

Back
Top Bottom