MAC vs PC

Calibound88

Daemon Poster
To clarify:

MAC vs PC?? That's like comparing oranges to fruit.
A MAC is a PC with the MAC OS and produced by Apple
A PC is....any computer.
I consider People idiots who think their MAC is not a PERSONAL COMPUTER
I think it should be: MAC vs everybody who uses a computer that is not a MAC (cough) Windows.

Anyway. I'll be heading off to college soon. I needs a laptop for school. No gaming. Some movies and music. I've used a mac once and got pissed off cause I couldn't right click. I always get confused with the red/yellow/green/teal/pink/blah/blah buttons. Why couldn't they just do x/box/line?

Well anyways, I'm thinking about giving it a second try

Mac or a laptop that is not a Mac?

hmmm I say just go with what you know. So I'd say windows.

MAC's arent bad at all.u just gotta get adjusted to them and they are a bit more expensive. They have great software for editing and stuff like that.

Macs are not PCs...I don't know much about them, 01001010 would know more about it. I've heard Macs are great media computers, I would give it a shot. To right click you have to hold down the apple (?) key.

A personal computer (PC) is any general-purpose computer whose original sales price, size, and capabilities make it useful for individuals, and which is intended to be operated directly by an end user, with no intervening computer operator.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/reviews/4258725.html?page=2

Apparently a mac has a start up under 30 secs ! :eek: That really caches my eye. TRUE POWER. The power test for computers is now a zero to sixty contest.

I'm in your situation too man

Hmm Macs are very nice but are always more expensive than other laptops or comps with similar specs

Some laptops come with Linux which isn't hard to get used to at all and saves cash :]

Just get the laptop you can get the best deal on

i have both (iatkos)

And i have to say the dock bar is fun but mac cant even get java right. everyone keeps bagging on vista when mac cant even get the basics covered

i have both (iatkos)

And i have to say the dock bar is fun but mac cant even get java right. everyone keeps bagging on vista when mac cant even get the basics covered

They both are based off of 2 totally different base systems. It's like saying Windows can't even make an OS that handles media well. They are designed differently.

To clarify:

MAC vs PC?? That's like comparing oranges to fruit.
A MAC is a PC with the MAC OS and produced by Apple
A PC is....any computer.
I consider People idiots who think their MAC is not a PERSONAL COMPUTER
I think it should be: MAC vs everybody who uses a computer that is not a MAC (cough) Windows.

Back in the day, things were labeled as Mac and PC. Back then, PC stood for the IBM personal computer. Much like Apple today, IBM was the only manufacture of these computers. People started cloning them, and the result is what you see today. There used to be Macintosh clones, but Jobs shut down the project in 1997. Much like personal computers, the Macintosh brand was an umbrella term for computers running Mac OS.

I always get confused with the red/yellow/green/teal/pink/blah/blah buttons. Why couldn't they just do x/box/line?

I find it funny you can't get the simple three color tones right. It's simple and straight froward.

Anyway. I'll be heading off to college soon. I needs a laptop for school. No gaming. Some movies and music. I've used a mac once and got pissed off cause I couldn't right click.

Now you're just spewing random bullshit. I can right click perfectly fine, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

i have both (iatkos)

That has to do with the browser, not the operating system.

Here's the general feeling I've noticed among those crossing into the Mac world. If you think Mac OS is horrible with this and that missing, you're generally going to have a hard time with Apple computers. However, if you have an open mind and are willing to learn new things, I personally think you'll enjoy learning and experiencing another operating systems other than Windows.

No man i think mac is a great OS obviously better than vista. but windows has the monopoly, No one is going to just "try something new" when the old already works fine. And mac has its own issues:

theres been alot of blue screen macs at my school/with friends
my friends complain about WPA/keychain issues (or wireless problems in general)
compatibility problems with integration software
no room for third party developers (not really an issue i guess)

If Apple wants to compete with windows they need to break into the mainstream and come up with something groundbreaking.

Maybe Snow Leopard might do that? who knows

theres been alot of blue screen macs at my school/with friends
my friends complain about WPA/keychain issues (or wireless problems in general)
compatibility problems with integration software
no room for third party developers (not really an issue i guess)

I used to have a Mac. I have never heard/had any of those problems.

Back
Top Bottom