Fan for TRUE 120 Black

Wait, someone taught me what fans are best for a CPU cooler but forgot who (sorry if your reading), but you should get the scythe ultra kaze 120mm as they spin at a higher rpm therefore they get rid of the heat faster, maybe even get two for a push-pull setup.

You have to take in to consideration you can only push so much air through a confined space. the more air you try to push between the fins, the more back pressure you create. That makes the fan draw more current.
How is the heat sink turned in reference to the back case fan?

The fan that I suggested is a quieter then the ultra kazes and will push plenty enough air too keep even an OCed CPU cool. Seti aren't all intel boards faced left to right? I know amds are up and down (who's idea was that *face palm*)

Not all AMD motherboards are aligned north - south. My Gigabyte is aligned east - west. The fan on my AC Freezer 64 pro blows towards the back of my computer. :D

http://store.thermalfx.com/merchant...&Product_Code=109R1212H1011&Category_Code=120

That is if you can get a hold of one. They're pretty hard to find, and for good reason. They have a good CFM/noise ratio and get quieter when you stick them on a radiator, not sure if the same goes for heatsinks.

Make sure to order it with a molex connector or a 3-pin to molex converter. I don't think motherboard headers will hold up to it. A fan controller is also a must, it's quiet at full tilt.

Oops, wait. My bad. The mounting posts are north - south. I must have been using the right heatsinks because all the one's I've ever used mounted so they blow out the back. Sorry for the confusion. :eek:

Here's the board: GA-MA790FX-DS5

Back
Top Bottom