Why has Gears of War given me so much trouble?

Szat

Daemon Poster
I posted a few weeks ago about how GoW for the PC continuously failed to update and I couldn't play online. I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it to see if that would fix the problem. I originally installed the game on my C drive, but that is just for Vista and drivers so I manually moved the game files to my D drive. I also manually deleted the game files and then removed the game from the add/remove list. When I put the GoW disk in though it asks me to play or uninstall. Since I don't have the game files I can't play it and when I go to uninstall it says it can't find the files because, 1. I deleted them and 2. the game is looking for them in the C drive and not the D where I manually moved them. It won't let me reinstall the game! I deleted all the game files from my system so I don't know why it thinks I have them somewhere. How the hell do I play GoW again?!

1. when you said you couldnt play online with GOW wat do you mean? no one is ever online for GOW pc...
2. you do know that you have to launch GOW from the programfiles folder not the CD autorun in order for it to work?
3. download ccleaner and use its ISSUES feature to clean up junk in your registry.

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

if you get GOW for pc, you are either doing it for the single player, or you have firneds to play with you.

1. Here is my post from a few weeks ago describing my problem with GoW.
CLICK ME

2. Since I moved the program files I had no choice but to run the game from its folder in program files. That is how I always loaded it up.

3. I already have CCleaner and it comes up with no issues. This was actually the first thing I tried when I had a problem with the game not recognizing it wasn't already uninstalled (manually).

I have a free trial of Windows Live Gold so I can play with people on their Xbox 360s. I'd like to own those console using nubs with my mouse! Even if I can't play online I'd still like to be able to play the single player game again because it was awesome. I can also play the single player on co-op mode with one of my buddies online, so that would be sweet. With all the problems I have with GoW it is definitely not worth the $30 my bro spent to buy it for me for xmas!

i guess you could try making another user account and installing.

but besides that, i dont think there is any way to resolve this issue besides a system restore or a reformat.

and note: lol i do not believe you wil be able to go into a xbox360 ranked match and be able to own as those guys are (especillay the guys from clans such as vBi are VERY good even without the mouse). gears of war isnt about aiming as much as it is about speed. and with the shotgun, good aim isnt really required.

I already system restored and it didn't help me at all! With a mouse I'll be able to head shot opponents a lot easier than with a controller.

I already system restored and it didn't help me at all! With a mouse I'll be able to head shot opponents a lot easier than with a controller.

yea you are going to have to restore.

xbox players aim surprisingly well...

Back
Top Bottom