Obama buzz sweeps U.S. capital

I don't know why you're so surprised about Bush's legacy and doing things at the last minute to make life difficult for Obama, it's been happening for years. Politicians are always trying to out-do each other, settle scores and prove points.

Gordon Brown was a hopeless Chancellor of the Exchequer (the UK wouldn't be half as screwed if he'd done his job properly back in the day - don't go handing out British taxpayer money to foreign governments and don't sell an entire national gold reserve for the price of a tank of fuel for the Bentley), and he and Tony Blair hated each other. So Tony appoints him as PM deliberately so he can sit back and laugh as Gordon fucks everything up and runs the country into the ground, with the added effect of forever ruining Gordon's credibility.

That really isn't funny at all, given what state the UK is now in due to Tony Blair's little joke and Gordon Brown's frightening incompetence. It won't be resolved likely for years.

You're lucky that Bush was sufficiently backed into a corner and any rash action would have been immediately obvious as a swipe against Obama; there was FUD going around on the net that GW would suspend the Constitution and declare martial law if it looked like Obama was going to win the election, also that he would bomb Tehran the night before the inauguration. Let's just say that we're all lucky he didn't, now he is completely powerless and just living in a house in Texas as Mr George W Bush. Pity he signed a load of crap into law to prevent him and Dick Cheney getting busted for war crimes and treason against the American people.

Say what you want about Bush, he left the office with class. If any of you are old enough to remember when Clinton left office you should remember that his staff damaged the white house, pulled all the "w" keys off the keyboards and a load of other stuff.

It seemed to me like Bush really did try to make this transition as smooth as possible and Obama even said as much yesterday.

I don't know what Obama will be like, I hope he does a good job. (i didn't vote for him) All presidents seem to drift towards the center once they get in there and I can only hope that is the case with Obama as well.

You're lucky that Bush was sufficiently backed into a corner and any rash action would have been immediately obvious as a swipe against Obama; there was FUD going around on the net that GW would suspend the Constitution and declare martial law if it looked like Obama was going to win the election, also that he would bomb Tehran the night before the inauguration.

Bull crap he could do that. Heck, he was very gracious towards Obama.

Back
Top Bottom