**Windows 7**

corsa

Solid State Member
Has anyone downloaded the beta yet?? i'm in to minds weather to download the 32bit or the 64bit.

Those who have it installed what do you think? any compatablity problems?

Checked the dell website and they havent yet released drivers for my Latitude E5500!!

Has anyone downloaded the beta yet?? i'm in to minds weather to download the 32bit or the 64bit.

Those who have it installed what do you think? any compatablity problems?

Checked the dell website and they havent yet released drivers for my Latitude E5500!!

it's what Vista should've been, and this is only the beta, can't wait to get the full release, I had XP and Vista dual booted and now have XP and Win7 dual booted, I haven't been on XP for a while, it is my main operating system at the moment...

there were some initial problems with my SM Bus controller, 4850, and SB Platinum, but those have been resolved...

Hmmm.... think i'm going to install it on my lappy. Have you found any problems with drivers?

i never had any problems in mine. I used the 32-bit on my gaming computer.

Hmmm.... think i'm going to install it on my lappy. Have you found any problems with drivers?

the ones I mentioned above, I just installed it, went to my setup folder on one of my backup drives and installed the P35 chipset drivers and got the modded SB Platinum drivers (thank you Daniel K.) and installed them...

the 4850 drivers still have me puzzled, they only installed on my 4th install of Win7, but between the 3rd and 4th installs I reflashed my gpu bios back to the original, so I still don't know if the flashed bios on my gpu was the problem, but it seems like it could've been...

there have also been problems with certain wifi drivers for laptops IIRC, some people get it to load fine, others have problems with it, it's pretty random...

I'm using it as my only OS and I love it. The only real problem I had was installing my wireless adapter. Apart from that everything is great. Windows Update downloaded compatable Nvidia Beta drivers and games run the same if not faster than on XP.

And also the Desktop Gadgets don't work for some reason.

I have heard about a lot of probs with printers, mine being one. An obviously, don't make any financial transactions on it as it is a beta version, esppecially, don't do any banking on it.

I would try it 'cause lately my computer's been acting funny, but i can't risk that my video editing software might not work on it. Too much stuff would be lost.

I'll try it on another pc first.

I've been running the x64 Win7 for a couple of weeks now, if you run into driver problems nine times out of ten a Vista driver will work.

It is a lot lighter than Vista but and I like it so far.

@ myles, the beta has been out for a week or two, full release is slated for Q4 - 2009 or Q1 - 2010

Back
Top Bottom