Memory sticks

roymunson

Beta member
I recently bought a 4GB memory stick. I have used it 2 or 3 times and now it says there is only 125MB available...can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way of restoring it to the full 4GBs.

thank you in advance

Don't format it yet. Check it on another computer running a different operating system. I'm having some issues with my thumb drives since the last round of updates for vista. On my xp rig it works fine. If it gives you the same size readout on another OS, go back and format it then.
However, they both can be corrupted by pulling them out when some thing is being written to them.

However, they both can be corrupted by pulling them out when some thing is being written to them.

Yup, I did that once on accident. I have my flash drive formatted to NTFS, so you are supposed to "eject" it (Right click on the drive and click eject and wait till it says "removable disk") before removing...and one day I didn't do that...luckily I had no important info on it!

Formerly used it for Vista Readyboost...just haven't formatted back to FAT32...I don't use it enough to care.

Back
Top Bottom