Install and Uninstall Question???

ScottyB28

Solid State Member
Whenever I try to install or uninstall something, it takes like 5 or 10 minutes for it to pop up. And I can't do anything on my computer in the meantime.

It could be a small or big program, it still does it. It's a Gateway and I'm running XP.

Can anyone help??

I don't think that's the problem. There's nothing really running when I try to do it.

After I double click on the .exe file or try uninstalling something, I hit control/alt/delete and nothing happens. But if I sit there for about 10 minutes, then the install screen pops up.

What happends when you try to install something from a CD/Removeable drive?

Well I burned a program at work and brought it home and it did the same thing. I haven't tried to install something from an original cd in a while.

It's like it freezes up for a while then it'll pop up ready to install. Sometimes it's longer then 10 minutes and I don't have the patience for stuff like that.

hmmm..... you sure that nothing eating you memory?? you can change the order from highest to lowest by clicking on the mem useage

No, I'm almost positive it's not that. My computer runs fine besides that. I have 2 gigs of ram and nothing is running when I try and do that.

I'll have to check on the Service Pack 3. I'm not sure about that.

I can try updating the windows installer too.

Back
Top Bottom