Xbox 360 games

Comp_Pro

In Runtime
Hi there,

I have been searching the net for about 3 days now finding out how to back up xbox 360 games which i legally own (i had my 360 flashed) and now I'm trying to back them up in case they get scratched or damaged. Every website i have been to is total crap giving me nothing but a waste of time. Most ask me to download software saying it will copy and when i try it will copy about 6-8mb of a game. Does anyone know how to actually back up xbox 360 games (the whole thing) and not just a tiny peice of it? (I do not think grand theft auto 4 would be a 7mb game when the pc version is 13gb)

You help would be appreciated.

-From comp_pro

I don't want to spend money buying that drive, how come i can't just back it up with my dvd drive? it works with everything else i have but xbox 360 games which only copies a few mb's of the total game

Can't you just put the disk in your DVD drive and copy it with Nero or something.

I think the games are protected, like when i try to rip my PSX games to convert it to eboot for my PSP, it always says things like error.
But i found a way around that, I DL CloneCD, and it ripped like a charm.

Since its an 360 game, You would be using CloneDVD. I wouldnt know how to back them up, i didnt flash mine.

But now, you can install the full DVD into your 360 HDD, and load the game from the HDD, and i think the disc dont load anymore, so theres a slimmer chance to get the discs scratched.

I would flash my 360, but i want to use LIVE, and want the warranty, Im not good at removing the sticker without damaging it no matter what i try.

well, games sometimes release earlier on the internet, and if you DL, burnt it on a disc, and played while signed into live, and Microsoft caught you, then they would ban your account.

there was another way people got banned, but i forgot.

guys..since the new xbox ME or w/e its called... or the NEW xbox live experience you can backup your games to the hard drive. Backing up games to a dvd IS piracy, no matter what you say. This is against xboxs terms of service. He obviously had his xbox 360 flashed for a reason...to play illegally copied games.

then why is he asking how to rip his games from DVDs?
if its pirating, wouldnt it be asking how to burn them?

I would back them up too, i dont like it when i get a new game, and within a week, my cat knocks the 360 down and scratches the game to be unplayable.

Yeah the NXE gives you the ability to install it into your HDD, but you still need to have the original disc in there, it could still get slightly scratched, not the whole disk, just certain parts, and its a pain when you share it with others, and you only have an 20GB and dont have enough for an bigger one. When you want to play another game, you would have to uninstall it and install the other. Which can take a lot of time, even if its only 5-10 minutes. I prefer to use that time to game.

Pretty much everything is piracy. Like importing MP3 to your computer is piracy.

then why is he asking how to rip his games from DVDs?
if its pirating, wouldnt it be asking how to burn them?

I would back them up too, i dont like it when i get a new game, and within a week, my cat knocks the 360 down and scratches the game to be unplayable.

Yeah the NXE gives you the ability to install it into your HDD, but you still need to have the original disc in there, it could still get slightly scratched, not the whole disk, just certain parts, and its a pain when you share it with others, and you only have an 20GB and dont have enough for an bigger one. When you want to play another game, you would have to uninstall it and install the other. Which can take a lot of time, even if its only 5-10 minutes. I prefer to use that time to game.

Pretty much everything is piracy. Like importing MP3 to your computer is piracy.
w00t pirates!

Back
Top Bottom