Internet/ Router Issue

vaziri07

Baseband Member
Hi!

I just fixed the internet on my mom's computer (the one that actually connects to internet), and on MY computer I have set up the router (Belkin 54G Wireless i believe). It says it is connect to NETGEAR, but when i look at it's status, it only shows that it is connected to the router and not the internet. Any tips? I tried going to 192.168.2.1, but it's not the same as it used to be, it only lets me look at stuff like what my ip is and all that...it used to let me choose what computers can connect to my router and all sorts of stuff like that.

Thank you!

Are you sure it was 192.168.2.1 and not 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1?

Go to Start > Run > type in cmd > then at the command prompt type in ipconfig /all and report back with what it shows.

under ip address it says 192.168.0.2, under default gateway and DHCP server it says 192.168.0.1...then under DNS servers it says 192.168.2.1

k so it was the 0.1 one, i remember now...what are default pass again? at username it says admin, then at password i typed default, didn't work, i don't think it even WAS default for the pass, i saw it on a site from google one time but forget

nevermind, got it! thank you for the address, i was trying to get that other one to work for a while :)

No worries. For future reference your Default Gateway will be the address you use to connect to your router. So if you lose it again, run the command line ipconfig again and get your default gateway/router address from there.

okay umm...to be honest im not good with computer terms, but uh... i went to the site, now im just not sure what i need to do to allow INTERNET on the other computer...it's on my list of attached devices, do i need to change ip or something?

hmm, hang on a sec...i refreshed list and it came off...i'll reply back in 5 minute if i get it working or not

Did you just hook this router up now?

If so, is the cable coming out of your modem plugged into the port on your router labeled Internet?

Are the light flashing green on your modem?

Try pulling power from your modem, and leaving it out for a few secs and then plugging it back in.

no, it was working before...i've had it for about a year now, every now and then it messes up...in this case the computer was kicked (dont ask) and at first the monitor went off, i fixed the issue of the video drivers being somehow messed up, but now im trying to get my internet running again

there are 3 solid lights to the left, and then activity flashes every now and then, not often...when i push restart on the back, it flashes a bunch but then slows down again :S

Make sure both ends of the cable are plugged into either end (wall and modem). Then try pulling power and for a minute and plugging it back in.

Back
Top Bottom