Installing a Spanish Keyboard.

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
I'm at work.. they ordered a spanish keyboard for one of the teachers, and I chose to take care of it since no one else was. I got over there and pluged it in and the letters worked fine when I typed.. then I did the special stuff
http://www.clipperz.com/files/clipperz.com/spanish_keyboard.jpg
Things like that. the only problemis, that N~ thing would type the semicolon still. The keyboard still has the traditional english key configuration.

I believe her OS was XP.. she was really busy then so I just took the keyboard and I'm going to install it tomorrow - or try.

Any ideas? I googled it and it's all for some other os.. I don't have language under my keyboard properties..

I'm about to look under Language.. I'll post something if I ever figure it out. I don't want to have to use one of those key configuration softwares if I don't have to. If that's the only way and you have used one, feel free to post a link!

Thanks

-Q

I think you have to have the language installed to use that keyboard, no?

See if you can't get XP into spanish, and then try the keyboard properties.

I hate not being multi-lingual :(

We want to avoid changing her os to spanish, I forgot to mention that...

You can change it in the software. Even if you do change it, you should still be able to recognize all of the icons.

Control panel -> Regional and language options -> Keyboards and languages -> add -> Spanish

Back
Top Bottom