comp wont start, think i fried my cpu

mrscherer

Solid State Member
well my brother started up my comp one day and it started moving really slow, after he was done the web pages wouldn't even load it was going so slow. so i restarted the comp and while it was starting back up i noticed that there was a wire that was blocking the fan to my heat sink and the fan wasn't moving at all. and since then when i try to turn on my comp it will get all the way to right before windows starts and i get a blue screen that i think says some kind of error on it. its impossible to read what it says it goes away so fast and the comp tries to restart again and again and again...

I really don't know any thing but the basics of computers, but if anyone has suggestions please let me know. Do you think i fired my CPU or what may have happened??

Thanks for reading my post.
~Dane

First I would clean out any dust on your computer. Then I'd make sure that all moving parts are moving. Once that is done I'd re-seat all non-moving parts. Then, on your motherboard, look for a little battery (CMOS). Take that out and put it back in (this is called clearing the CMOS). Once that is done boot up your computer.

Well first I your cpu is probably ok. Next, is your fan on your processor heat sink still not moving after cleaning it out? If not then that is one of the first things you need to replace.

Try testing each memory stick individually to see if any of them allow you to boot windows. BSOD's (Blue Screen of Death) are usually caused by memory errors.

Ya the fan works fine now i just had to move the wire out of it. Tried the memory thing and it does the same thing with both of them (one at a time).
I think the code says STOP C0000218. Not 100% sure though, there may be more or less 0s cant really tell. but I'm pretty sure on the C and the 218.
Also I'm able to get into safe mode, not sure if that helps any.

Hope this helps.

~Dane

It seems like it might be something with you HDD.
Since you can get into safe mode, maybe try reinstalling the OS?

Just trying to rule out the possibilities.

CPU dont really fry that easily, the only way i have seen it fried is when people Up the voltages too high. When the CPU gets too hot, it will just shut itself down. Now, this doesnt mean you should remove the heatsink when your computer is on.

Lol wasn't planing on it :)

Ok whats the OS? Operating system? just wanna make sure before i reinstall it.

Thanks for the help everyone.

~Dane

Well i just recently moved to a different state and i know its here somewhere just a matter of where.. been looking for 2 hours and have not located it yet.. :(

Back
Top Bottom