Im getting a 4670

I always assumed the 1gb version would be twice as good as the 512mb version, but people are telling me that they will give me the same amount of performance. The price diffrence is only 20 bucks. Is it worth getting the 1gb? is there a diffrence at all?

The only way you will see a difference would be the resolution of the monitor. The bigger the monitor, the more Vram you would need to run good with.
At least thats what i have been told.

The only advantage to getting the 1GB version is the ability to run ultra high resolutions with decent frame rates. Otherwise, for most every day use, the 512MB version will be fine and will be just a fast at normal resolutions.

I just got a nice new monitor and i play on 1680x1050. So i guess i should go with the 1gig? i dont really mind paying the extra 20 bucks even if its only going to give me a little bit better performance, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt paying 20 bucks for nothing

is 1680x1050 considered ultra high?

I just got a nice new monitor and i play on 1680x1050. So i guess i should go with the 1gig? i dont really mind paying the extra 20 bucks even if its only going to give me a little bit better performance, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt paying 20 bucks for nothing

is 1680x1050 considered ultra high?

Not really. 1440x900 and 1680x1050 are considered normal. I'd go with the 1GB. You never know if you will get a new monitor soon. It never hurts to spend a little more money. But, you should see a little bit of difference from the 512MB and the 1GB models, depending on the game.

Back
Top Bottom