all in one computer opinion

Oh I see, that's easy then I already have a copy of win xp.
I really like the design of IMAC's, but learning their Os from scratch is a pain really.

Well, I wouldn't say it's a pain. You can call me a recent switcher, but I've been using Mac OS as my primary operating system for a few months now.

I had previous experience using Macs a while back, so I'm not sure how a fresh user would react to the new operating environment. It's real easy to learn, and once you get the hang of it, you'll have two operating systems under your arm.

I dunno, that Sony Vaio should be able to handle StarCraft II with it's Nvidia 9300M GS. I don't think that game is that graphically demanding.

I agree learning something new is always nice.
There are other games that I might consider getting, such as diablo III and other strategy games.

Hmm for that price you could just get yourself a pretty big monitor and a desktop.
That's what I would recommend
How much space do you have exactly? I bet it would be enough for a small desktop :confused:

My table is about 1.3 meter long, I have my ps3, books, laptop, monitor, speakers and other random stuff. I have loads of wire hanging underneath the table with my huge speaker sitting there too.

Fitting an extra monitor and a tower would be possible, but I will be left with no space at all I guess.

I would still go for a monitor and case, just make some space. You already have a monitor you said, what size and do you plan on upgrading it?
Also, does your case HAVE to go under your desk?
I have mine next to my desk for leg room :p
Oh and you could build a monster desktop, hell even two good ones with the prices of those all-in-ones
Just my thoughts on it

I think if you're going to do any gaming, go for a desktop. Hell, possibly build one.

worshipme made a great guide for budget and non-budget gaming pc's:

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=69845

They are way overpriced. It's ridiculous. As I said, if you do any light gaming, just go with a desktop. I remember I went with a compact Slimline to play some 'light games' and well, that didn't go over. Couldn't play the games on high settings, and when I wanted to play more graphically enhanced games (COD4 and F.E.A.R.), I just couldn't. And with such a small compact system, everything is custom. Almost impossible to upgrade.

They are way overpriced. It's ridiculous. As I said, if you do any light gaming, just go with a desktop. I remember I went with a compact Slimline to play some 'light games' and well, that didn't go over. Couldn't play the games on high settings, and when I wanted to play more graphically enhanced games (COD4 and F.E.A.R.), I just couldn't. And with such a small compact system, everything is custom. Almost impossible to upgrade.

Anything that fills a niche market will be more expensive, but not necessarily overpriced. No one can build a comparable all-in-one machine like the iMac or the Sony Vaio.

Right now the monitor I have is about 20 inch and I really want one thats over 24 inch. I may consider getting a tower instead, almost everyone is telling me all in one arent great :( .

Can anyone tell me how good of a tower, I can get with a budget between 2000 to 2500 ? I prefer going for a quad core. :p

Back
Top Bottom