Bye Bye Firefox

Firefox 3 crashed a lot for me, i get so annoyed when im DL a file thats over a gig or uploading videos, and somehow it just crashes, and i have to start over.

But its getting better now... i guess.

Did they fix the security issues with Chrome?

Edit: Joga, do you use the Speed Dial extension? It makes my Firefox crash too, but I've never had the OS crash, even on the six computers I have it installed on.

I have never had a problem with Firefox just randomly shutting down...I usually have at least 4-7 tabs at a time open and am playing on a game site that uses java...I browse a bunch of crap, read the news, post on forums, and play chess all at the same time and have never once had it crash on me...Sometimes I even mix in a little full tilt poker in the mix too. I have Firefox on both my laptop and desktop and have never had a problem with either of em...

I haven't had any problem with firefox whatsoever on any of my computers. It even works fine in windows 7 too. I still use chrome occasionally though just for a change.

I wish chrome would get a better zoom functionality like in firefox 3

Lately, Firefox has been crashing a lot. I have no idea why. I always keep 4 tabs or so open with the websites I visit regularly. It's been getting annoying because first is firefox, then it crashes my whole computer. I'm downloading Chrome as we speak.

I would say it is a possibility one of your add ons is corrupt and causing it.

Well I love Chrome and also for me recently Firefox has been taking up more resources than I think it needs to, and would switch to Chrome if it wasn't for all my addons. If it weren't for the addons it'd be bye bye Firefox for me too!

The only add-on I use is AdBlock. I do run a couple Java apps, but that's something I've always done and it's never crashed. I'm running defrags, cleanups, etc...

I'll stick with Chrome for a while see if I like it. The only thing bugging me right now is that scroll deal.

@Cabbs: No I don't use it.

The only add-on I use is AdBlock. I do run a couple Java apps, but that's something I've always done and it's never crashed. I'm running defrags, cleanups, etc...

I'll stick with Chrome for a while see if I like it. The only thing bugging me right now is that scroll deal.

@Cabbs: No I don't use it.

I didn't see a problem with scrolling (Probably cause i'm on a laptop with the little scroll thing), but the best part was how quick it started up compared to firefox, it was like instant!

Yeah...I like the whole tab/window thing they got going on. If I can get used to actually using my mouse scroll instead of clicking it and moving the mouse, then it looks like I'll stay with it.

My Firefox would work with everything to include all Java apps with the exception of my fantasy league live scoring. It would run for a little bit and then would error out.

But I just installed Chrome and think I will use it instead.

Back
Top Bottom