What do I do, I've been acting pretty weird lately...

im at uni by myself. dont really know anyone. means im either in boring classes or stuck in my room. i dont like talking to my parents about stuff, so i never do. its not something you have to do, but if you are feeling pretty bad then i suggest talking to some friends. you did the right thing by asking for advice on the net though. its always easier asking people you dont really know.
ive never got so bad that i felt the need to talk to my friends about it. i usually just try and keep myself busy. like today im going to go shopping, but ill walk into town and see if theres anything nice :) (no need to rush).
your young though, i had a bit of a crappy time when i was younger, but when i got older i got more confident, and being able to do stuff on your own (without your parents butting in) is great.
just stick through it, it will get easier :)

Thanks for the post :)

I just hope it does get easier, and you're right about asking on the net, so now I know I'm not doing a "wrong" thing.

If you're depressed get off of the computer and go outside for some fresh air. Take a walk, ride your bike, go hang out with friends, sit on the porch and read or something. Going outside always seems to work for me when I'm not feeling so hot. Sitting in front of a computer and posting on a forum all day won't make things better.

I like going outside, but there's pretty much nothing to do, I mean...it's all roads, houses, pathways, shops and a playground here.

No paddocks and stuff to go running around and hanging out on. The only way I could do something "out of my house" is to go shops or to another persons house, but even if I do that, all I'm going to do is being indoors, which seems pretty boring.

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE going outside. Need to find some more places I can hang out.

i know what you mean. theres not a lot to do outdoors here either.
once i was feeling rather bored and depressed. i went for a walk and found some random park on top of a little hill. i just watched the sunset and listened to some music. i then just went for another random walk. its a great way to get some quiet thinking/chill out time.
just go outside as much as you can, even if its just randomly.
then when you come home you can just chill out and its great :)

dude, I don't think a computer forum is the best place for health/personal advice. I don't go to the doctor to help me choose between amd and intel processors.

Most people here can't really help you out that much. We can comfort you. We can make you laugh. But we can surgically remove your eyes.

They should make a section for that stuff here since there are a few threads like this coming up every so often.

na. theres much better sections that could be made ... but we have a social lounge for a reason. if members cant ask for some help and advice here then we might aswell just delete the section.

dude, I don't think a computer forum is the best place for health/personal advice. I don't go to the doctor to help me choose between amd and intel processors.

Most people here can't really help you out that much. We can comfort you. We can make you laugh. But we can surgically remove your eyes.

It probably isn't the best. But I'm not asking for treatment or something. I just want to see what you guys think.

i know what you mean. theres not a lot to do outdoors here either.
once i was feeling rather bored and depressed. i went for a walk and found some random park on top of a little hill. i just watched the sunset and listened to some music. i then just went for another random walk. its a great way to get some quiet thinking/chill out time.
just go outside as much as you can, even if its just randomly.
then when you come home you can just chill out and its great :)

Maybe I should go for a long walk or something, like further out instead of staying in my suburb. Who knows maybe I could meet new people or find a private, quiet place to hang out.

Ive taken anti-depressants since i was ~9 or 10 years old now, im 17 now and a senior in highschool. I dont really have a "Best Friend" either, dont hang out after school, simply because i dont like to. To be quite honest i dont like people all that much in general. Although i do have my brother that i do things with a lot, which helps, but he gets annoying pretty easily.

Depression has both mental and physical symptoms. Im not too caught up on the physical symptoms but im pretty sure trouble falling to sleep might be one of them though. It varies from case to case a lot.

When i started to take medication for it i didnt notice a difference in my usual activities at all. Youll do the same things, its just youll like to do them. When your depressed you just dont want to do anything at all, so i use to sleep a lot. Now i just sit on my computer all day, which sounds boring to you guys but ive gotten along just fine :p

Talk to your doctor about it. If you feel "ashamed" to be "depressed" dont be. It is caused by both parts of the brain not being able to communicate properly in most cases, for me it had nothing to do with me being "sad".

hmmmmmmm you remind me of someone.........

It probably isn't the best. But I'm not asking for treatment or something. I just want to see what you guys think.

Maybe I should go for a long walk or something, like further out instead of staying in my suburb. Who knows maybe I could meet new people or find a private, quiet place to hang out.
yea. its amazing what you find when you go exploring. its also a random and entertaining thing to do. then when you get home you can just chill out after a relaxing, but also tiring walk :)

there must be some other good things you can do indoors too. like arrizX likes to randomly mod cars, which i think is great. there must be something like that (maybe not quite as big) you can do when at home, so you can kill the boredom aswell.

yea. its amazing what you find when you go exploring. its also a random and entertaining thing to do. then when you get home you can just chill out after a relaxing, but also tiring walk :)

there must be some other good things you can do indoors too. like arrizX likes to randomly mod cars, which i think is great. there must be something like that (maybe not quite as big) you can do when at home, so you can kill the boredom aswell.

Thanks again dude_se :)

When someone says indoors, I usually think of video games, since we have SO MANY in our house.

But you're right, there is other stuff I can do. Read a book that I'll enjoy, which I can do outdoors as well, watch movies (comedy, horror, action/thriller) and stuff like that.

Well, we're going out with some family friends and my cousins to go inline skating, which I LOVE on Thursday, so I can't wait. But it sucks how I have to go to soccer training after that :( I just had training today too, I hate my coach :mad:

But thank you for the help dude_se. I really do thank you VERY much.

Back
Top Bottom