CF's choice

Ronspc

Daemon Poster
I just recently have seen a post by a new member Roblackpool. He had a good idea and i thought i'd piggy back off of him. My birthday has come and gone. Mom is letting me build a straight up extreme there is no reason for me to have this kind of system. i want to max out all games. Or come pretty damn close.

Few things:
must be quad i7
best video cards (SLi, tri-SLi)
Best case around (In your opinion)
Dual monitors maybe 30" or less.
Vista 64Bit (idc it can be ultimate or home premium)
8GB's ram <----- just because i can. lol i mean if the mobo doesnt support it then 4GB is fine.
Modular PSU or a good reg one.
Good peripherals.
idc about watercooling if you want to go for it. but for the most part im an air boy.
1, 1.5, or 2TB Hard drive storage. I like raptors tho. but whatever...
Oh and one External HDD idc if its WD, seagate or whatever. at least 750. Just for backing up.

Keep in mind its for my movie collection well over 600GB in movies. Games, video editing, and some school work. So graphics have to dress to impress :p

Its DDR3 so you cant have 8GB or ram, either, 3GB, 6GB, 9GB or 12GB. But the best sense is to choose 6 or 12.

Its DDR3 so you cant have 8GB or ram, either, 3GB, 6GB, 9GB or 12GB. But the best sense is to choose 6 or 12.

sure he can, it just won't run in triple channel, there are plenty of 2 and 4 GB kits of DDR3...

what's your real budget...? I mean 10k for a gaming computer is overkill, 2k will get you a top of the line system and save your mom some cash...

You rolling in it or something?

Don't go with the i7 965 unless you're an overclocker, and even then you'd have to be a good one to justify the price increase over the 940, 940 is more than enough IMO.

For the mobo, you might as well go with something that supports both SLi and CF, like the MSI Platinum X58.

6GB of DDR3 1333 (i7s have a 1333 memory controller) <- Nice timings on this kit.

Antec 1200 for the case.

Tagan 800W modular. No point on going overboard on the PSU, not only will a 1000W not be needed, but it'll be producing more heat and using more power. This has 2x6pin and 2x8pin which is perfect.

Stock cooling will be fine if you're not overclocking, otherwise try to get your hands on a TRUE + LGA 1366 mounting kit.

Watercooling is only needed if you seriously know what you're doing when it comes to OC'ing and you can't get what you need with air.

Back
Top Bottom