Booting issues?

AzNVi3t2007

In Runtime
Hello, I have this Gateway GT5644E desktop, that I am currently working on.It looks like the one below.
http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/32865782-2-200-0.gif

Well when the computer boots up it only shows the Gateway logo screen prompting F10 for boot menu or F2 for BIOS settings. I am unable to select either one. The USB keyboard will turn on, but then the lights on it disappear/ I also tried with a regular PS/2 keyboard. No Luck. The computer does not beep or anything. Someone told me to prolly take out the CMOS battery for a while. I might try that. Anyone else have any pointers? It will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Did it just stop working one day? Or did you do something before it stopped working, like install something or flash the BIOS?

umm this is how I got the computer. I asked what she did prior before the issue. All she really said was that her daughter was downloading music from Limewire and stuff. She didnt mess with any settings either. Not really sure if its related or not. Possible infection.?

No sir. As soon as the computer boots, it goes straight to the Gateway screen and stays stuck there.

Cleared CMOS. Now computer boots and is beeping non stop. short continuous beeps. No image on screen.

Edit: I'M thinkin its the MOBO...any 1 think otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom