8 GB of RAM

metin

In Runtime
I currently have 4 gigs of RAM installed in my computer
I bought another 4 gigs to add on to it, don't ask why.
But every time I try to put the 8 gigs, my computer always freezes at some point during load up.
I go into bios and it says there's 8192gb of memory but it never loads up.
I read somewhere that some motherboards aren't capable of using all slots of memory with 2GB modules.

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138123

Obviously it says "Maximum Memory Supported 8GB"
but is there anyway I can tell if it can support all 8GB or does it vary from board to board?

Or should I return the memory?
I've also checked the slots to see if they work, and they do.

If your system is overclocked, it may be placing too much strain on the north bridge, so you will either need to increase the NB voltage or take your OC down a notch.

If your system is not overclocked, flashing your BIOS may help like Superman suggested.

Another possibility is that perhaps just one of your slots isn't working properly, try with 3 sticks in different slots etc.

download memtest and test the 4 sticks or RAM for errors. Make sure the timings\voltages are set right in the BIOS

are your mem settings right?
are they getting enough voltage?

Modules say 1.8V and that's what it says on load up screen.

If your system is overclocked, it may be placing too much strain on the north bridge, so you will either need to increase the NB voltage or take your OC down a notch.

If your system is not overclocked, flashing your BIOS may help like Superman suggested.

Another possibility is that perhaps just one of your slots isn't working properly, try with 3 sticks in different slots etc.

I was messing with these sticks a few days ago before I OC'd a bit.
I also tried 2 in dual channel in both scenarios where it would work.
Like if it was A1 B1 A2 B2
I put them in A1 and A2; and B1 and B2
It recognized them in both so its not the slots.

Is the new ram dual channel or no? Do you have your settings set accordingly?

Yeah my computer recognizes it but doesn't boot up.

I don't feel like messing with my computer anymore if the RAM gets recognized then I guess it'll work on a different build.
If not I didn't pay for the memory.
Just cbf messing up my only computer lol.

Does your computer crash(or does it actually freeze and you end up restarting?) Does this happen during the boot?

It just freezes at certain times during boot, not crash.
I end up having to restart it.

Back
Top Bottom