Dead monitor?

matthew798

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

Just now, my Dell monitor turned itself off. But, i saw the logo. It turned off normally, going from a nice display of my desktop, to the dell genesis logo, then to black screen with a green light. Now i thought it was dead, but then when i tried turning it on and off, for a split second when i turned it on, i saw my desktop, very dark contrast, then the screen went black again.... I meen, if it had broken, then why would it show me the dell logo before dying lol? I tried it in another slot and i got nothing, although it does recognize when video is being fed in so its not my graphics card....

Any ideas?

I would try to plug your monitor into another computer to see if it works there. If it doesn't (which it probably won't) then you know 100% that it is the monitor.

But it does sound like it has died. What kind of monitor is it? LCD, CRT, something else?

Do you have another monitor that you could try on your video card? Just trying to rule out all possibilities.

Ive been running an expanded desktop across 2 monitors for about 2 years now. im using the older one right now, just the second one doesn't work in either monitor port on my 9800...

Ive been running an expanded desktop across 2 monitors for about 2 years now. im using the older one right now, just the second one doesn't work in either monitor port on my 9800...

I think it is safe to say your monitor is probably dead.

Back
Top Bottom