What do I do, I've been acting pretty weird lately...

Lately I've been acting very weird, I think it's getting worse and worse. I recently got depression and I've been a bit 'dopey' these last couple weeks. When people talk to me I just stare outside and look at the sky, like I'm dreaming. I'm too lazy all of a sudden, I'm lazy to work, but for entertainment purposes I'll get off my arse. I cannot fall asleep after atleast 30 minutes, once I was up for around 4 hours trying to sleep. Sometime when I sleep my leg just jerks for no apparent reason, it was like I was falling and tried to gain balance, but really I was just in bed...

And I've been getting weird thoughts lately, I would prefer to keep them private for now, but they seem pretty weird..scary weird...

I feel like there a more than one 'versions' of me, sort of like thinking I'm someone else, but same visual appearance and name.

There can't possibly be a disorder with so many symptoms?!?! I mean, this is freaking scary. Anyone know if this is a simple stage through life or something I should consult a doctor with?
Go out and get laid.....does wonders for your depression.

Bored with life?
Get a job or do something productive.
I get kinda weird too if I sit at the computer and watch T.V for like 3 days straight.

Stratos you are 13 you should be telling this to your parents

It's not that easy. Telling my parents was the hardest part of it for me, and I'm still hesitant to talk to them about it. WHat I've found that helps best is talking to someone who's been through it before, or is going through it. At the very least it's helping me feel not so lonely and they are not just pretending to know what you are going through.

I have AIM (although I'm rarely able to talk on it with school), email, and PMs If you want to talk or vent just send me a message.

I agree with celegorm. The hardest part of the whole thing is telling someone. At the time i was diagnosed there wasnt much of a forum community though, so this opportunity that you have helps a lot, since you can easily talk about it here (or at least i can :p)

If you can spend some money on some stupid stuff or something. I always find buying new stuff makes me feel awesome for a couple of days lol. Go to the beach and just chill and stare at girls, your on summer break so im sure the beach should be flooded with babes :p Just dont over do it ;)

Arriz had it right from the start. You sound like you're suffering with Insomnia as it does cause all the symptoms you described. You might want to see a doctor to find out what will work best for you.

Unfortunatly those also describe depression. Either way, seeing a doctor is the best thing for you. You don't need to tell your parents why you need to go, and the doc can't tell them either (unless you end up getting meds where they will find out). I waited over a year to see a doctor, and I'm suffering from it, big time. Don't make the same mistake I did, see one soon.

Go and see a doctor, you will get better help there than you will on a computer forum.

I'm thinking about it, but I think I'll need a parent or something...which I don't really want to do...

Stratos you are 13 you should be telling this to your parents

It's actually harder than it looks.

Go out and get laid.....does wonders for your depression.

At 13? As much as I would love to I'd have to resist. ;)

That right there is the worst advice you can get. :rolleyes:

Lol

Bored with life?
Get a job or do something productive.
I get kinda weird too if I sit at the computer and watch T.V for like 3 days straight.

Well, I can't really get a job 'til next year. But I think I can pick up a few new hobbies as some of the other posters suggested.

Atm I'm doing DJing, computers, gaming and soccer. I think I'm going to pick up a bit of roller blading, acting, tennis and outdoorsy stuff like camping etc.

It's not that easy. Telling my parents was the hardest part of it for me, and I'm still hesitant to talk to them about it. WHat I've found that helps best is talking to someone who's been through it before, or is going through it. At the very least it's helping me feel not so lonely and they are not just pretending to know what you are going through.

I have AIM (although I'm rarely able to talk on it with school), email, and PMs If you want to talk or vent just send me a message.

Yes, I'm glad someone understands. It's hard to do, because it's embarrassing. And SOMETIMES parents aren't the BEST to go with. Thank you for the offer too, I appreciate it ;)

Thanks once again for the posts guys.

EDIT:

I agree with celegorm. The hardest part of the whole thing is telling someone. At the time i was diagnosed there wasnt much of a forum community though, so this opportunity that you have helps a lot, since you can easily talk about it here (or at least i can :p)

If you can spend some money on some stupid stuff or something. I always find buying new stuff makes me feel awesome for a couple of days lol. Go to the beach and just chill and stare at girls, your on summer break so im sure the beach should be flooded with babes :p Just dont over do it ;)

I absolutely LOVE the beach. It's more than half way through summer break and I haven't gone yet. I have no one to take me, my parents are working and I think we're going once next week.

Girls are a bonus ^_^
<-so horny lol

Um, I was kidding? I know he's 13, geez.

Don't worry, I knew it from the start ;)

Arriz had it right from the start. You sound like you're suffering with Insomnia as it does cause all the symptoms you described. You might want to see a doctor to find out what will work best for you.

I took a couple online quizzes and looks at a couple of disorders and I thought I had Insomnia but I'd never expect to have something big like this.

Unfortunatly those also describe depression. Either way, seeing a doctor is the best thing for you. You don't need to tell your parents why you need to go, and the doc can't tell them either (unless you end up getting meds where they will find out). I waited over a year to see a doctor, and I'm suffering from it, big time. Don't make the same mistake I did, see one soon.

Maybe I will after summer break, it's nearly over. And I just hope my parents don't find out.

Back
Top Bottom