three monitors??? gtx295???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia released new drivers that allow you to run multiple monitors while in SLI mode.

From the SLI Zone FAQ:
How many monitors are supported when running in SLI mode?
With GeForce R180 drivers, SLI supports a maximum of two monitors with both monitors connected to the same GPU within your SLI group. For instance, if you have a 3-way SLI configuration, you can connect two monitors to one of the GPUs and leave SLI enabled. You can enable more monitors by using a third GPU that is NVIDIA PhysX capable (GeForce 8 series and higher with at least 256MB of memory) and is a different GPU than your SLI GPUs. For example, a configuration with two GeForce GTX 280s in SLI and a single GeForce 8800 GT is capable of supporting six monitors.

My friend just got 3 30'' monitors running on 3 280GTX's. One Apple 30" and 2 Sony 30" my goodness it's spectacular! He showed me how he dragged AIM across the 3 screens my goodness I was amazed. You can imagine how big his desk is. To accomodate 90" of screen. It took forever to find the mouse pointer though lol. He was running it on like 2500x1600 or so resolution. Stunning.

would these new drivers allow 3 or 4 monitors when in SLI mode (2 cards together)?
Yup.
For example, a configuration with two GeForce GTX 280s in SLI and a single GeForce 8800 GT is capable of supporting six monitors.
That's two monitors per video card. Using that example, you should be able to run 4 monitors on a two card SLI setup.

finally NVIDIA is catching up to my twisted PC thinking mind
now if i just had the $$$$ for any of the good stuff :(

Hello, I know this thread ended ages ago, but the answer to the question is YES.

You only need 1 x GTX295 card and you can have 3 monitors working together, I've currently got 3 x 24.6" HannsG monitors working at 1920x1080 , two use the DVI-D outputs on the graphics card and the other one uses the HDMI output.

Hello, I know this thread ended ages ago, but the answer to the question is YES.

You only need 1 x GTX295 card and you can have 3 monitors working together, I've currently got 3 x 24.6" HannsG monitors working at 1920x1080 , two use the DVI-D outputs on the graphics card and the other one uses the HDMI output.

That's because nVIDIA enabled surround recently. When this thread was created, it was not possible to use monitors on GPU 2 without disabling SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom