msconfig

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
In msconfig I have 4 Microsoft windows operating system are all those required or are they different tasks

Are you talking about under 'boot'? So your computer has 3 different partitions with the same operating system on each one?

hmm interesting. so i'd say when u boot up the computer you get a black screen prompting you to select your operating system?

If so and dont need all 3 you can go the system properties/advanced/startup and recovery settings.

There will be something that says "To edit the startup options file manually, click edit."

When u click on edit on the right-side it should open a notepad.

I think yours might show like this...
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)blah blah blah/fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)blah blah blah/fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)blah blah blah/fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)blah blah blah/fastdetect

or something of that nature. They should end with "/fastdetect"
all u simply do is delete the whole line of the partition for example u shouldnt need(2,3,4).

make sure u have notepad maximized.Sounds easy BUT be VERY careful.U can screw up teh bootloader. Once done correctly, simply save and exit. Reboot.

hmm interesting. so i'd say when u boot up the computer you get a black screen prompting you to select your operating system?

If so and dont need all 3 you can go the system properties/advanced/startup and recovery settings.

There will be something that says "To edit the startup options file manually, click edit."

When u click on edit on the right-side it should open a notepad.

I think yours might show like this...
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)blah blah blah/fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)blah blah blah/fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)blah blah blah/fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)blah blah blah/fastdetect

or something of that nature. They should end with "/fastdetect"
all u simply do is delete the whole line of the partition for example u shouldnt need(2,3,4).

make sure u have notepad maximized.Sounds easy BUT be VERY careful.U can screw up teh bootloader. Once done correctly, simply save and exit. Reboot.

there should be a "default" listed as well, you don't want to delete that one, make sure the one of the four that matches up exactly with the default isn't deleted...

Back
Top Bottom