Less homework in school?

suppose over in the US though there can be a need for air coditioning , ive heard ac is quite a common feature on houses over there , whereas over here its practically unheard of
Air conditioning is the only reason I survived living in the US. I liked the hot weather outside but day and night in the house? No thanks.

Homework is where I learn everything. I went to a private school from K-8th grade. I learned a ton there, makes high school a breeze. But the thing is, everything is dependant on tests. Which is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Homework is hardly worth any points, and the points it is worth is just completion points.
Back in grade school, I would get a worksheet in english class, I would have to take it home or get time in class to do it, and the entire thing would be graded. Every grade in the book, including tests, would all have the same weight. So there would be easy assignments that would help boost your grade a little, but there would be harder ones, that could drop your grade if you didnt try hard. It made you work to get everything you did right, instead of not worrying about the homeowork, and staying up til 1AM studying for a test the next day. Which doesnt help as much as doing a little homework every night. But if homework isnt graded, isnt worth even 5% of your grade... whats the point?

IMO, school should be a little shorter, and more homework should be given.

I'm in favour of rock hard homework and coursework with tight deadlines instead of exams. Coursework is far less stressful and far more realistic in terms of the real world, exams achieve nothing.

I'm in favour of rock hard homework and coursework with tight deadlines instead of exams. Coursework is far less stressful and far more realistic in terms of the real world, exams achieve nothing.

I agree, but the one class I have that works like that is so easy I have time to do nothing in class.

But anything to make it like the real wold is good. You work hard in class, and if its not done in time then you have to do it on your time.

There is too much pressure on exams, and you'll forget stuff and what happens if you're not feeling the best?

But still no homework, learn in school, play with friends after school. As simple as that...

But still no homework, learn in school, play with friends after school. As simple as that...
Ha.........that's all you kids want to do nowadays. School isn't supposed to be easy, right now, it is too easy. Some of these kids today I see walking around it's like "how the hell did they graduate from highschool??" Kids skipping half the days and still graduating....it's ridiculous.

Ha.........that's all you kids want to do nowadays. School isn't supposed to be easy, right now, it is too easy. Some of these kids today I see walking around it's like "how the hell did they graduate from highschool??" Kids skipping half the days and still graduating....it's ridiculous.

People generalize too much. It depends on where you live though and what school you go too.

Maybe my school is different from the ones near you guys.

There is too much pressure on exams, and you'll forget stuff and what happens if you're not feeling the best?

I'm sorry, but that's a piss poor excuse. I've gone to work "not feeling my best" many times. In real life, you learn to deal with it.

I'm sorry, but that's a piss poor excuse. I've gone to work "not feeling my best" many times. In real life, you learn to deal with it.

There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...

Back
Top Bottom