SWEET! Buggy time (long)

You are using the engine out of the Civic? How about like an older aluminum? There is an old buick 3.9L V8 that weighs less then the 4 bangers in rangers. Someone was going to swap one into a Ranger, I'll see if I can find a picture of the engine.

REALLYLIGHT.jpg

That light enough?

haha wow thats light

You are using the engine out of the Civic? How about like an older aluminum? There is an old buick 3.9L V8 that weighs less then the 4 bangers in rangers. Someone was going to swap one into a Ranger, I'll see if I can find a picture of the engine.

REALLYLIGHT.jpg

That light enough?

Thats sweet. And a great idea... I had no idea about those. But, unfortunately it probably cost more then we would like and its still a big V8, we want a small side mounted import 4cyl.

You ever going to finish one of these truck projects?

Yeah. I just dont have the money. My scout just needs front brake lines still. $70, and I am saving but its slow going with out a job.

so wait...what are you using the Civic for again?

Well, this particular one we are taking the front end (hubs, and steering assembly.

Actually, my buddy doesnt want to use this prelude engine since its a 5speed. So I am going to use it. He will be giving me enough parts that I can make a whole second buggy out of (no, im totally serious) as long as I make the frame myself. So I will make my own buggy, while I also help my friend build his.

I think he's using the civic for suspension and steering components, or maybe it's just steering components. And it look slike your passenger side front trailer tire is low on air.

Yes, and good call. It had a nail in it.

Oh, and picture updates tonight when I get home.

so with all the weight in the back, even with a 110hp import motor, while this thing pop a wheelie? haha
Its just going to be RWD right?

I need to build one of these, looks like so much fun. Maye even make it street legal! Where can you buy tubing from in large amounts like that?

so with all the weight in the back, even with a 110hp import motor, while this thing pop a wheelie? haha
Its just going to be RWD right?

Basically. I'm taking the drive train out of a front wheel drive car (transaxle bolts right to the engine, eliminates the need for a driveline to run to the back axle) and putting in the rear of a buggy, thus making it RWD.

dude, I wanna drive that thing when its done.

you have the coolest projects ever.

Lol thanks, and yeah you can drive it as much as you can afford gas.... if you wanna make the trip over here lol.

I need to build one of these, looks like so much fun. Maye even make it street legal! Where can you buy tubing from in large amounts like that?

You can only make these street legal in certain states like Arizona. Washington is to strict. Arizona you can license quads. My teacher was telling me when he lived down there about people driving quads to work. Freakin awesome.

Steel tubing shops?

Actually, no. The best place to get them is a welding shop. my buddies parents own two huge welding companies. I was offered a job that I might take.

Pics are uploading

The car as it sat in the shop

IMG_0696.jpg

Car moved outside

IMG_0698.jpg

Rear of the car

IMG_0700.jpg

Rear suspension setup as its being taken out of the car. Its one long straight axle with no differential.

IMG_0697.jpg

So that is the sterring and strut assembly laying against the took box. I am the only one with that large of a tool box other then the teacher lol

IMG_0695.jpg

Box of stuff

IMG_0699.jpg

Scout for good measure

IMG_0701.jpg

Ready to drive. Just need the brake lines. AS you can see the gap between front clip and panel, I am waiting for high guage sheet metal to come in to finish that cosmetic part.

Edit-
Using this link for storage so I can find it when I am at school. I found motors that are chain driven, instead of axle driven. Maybe we could make something work with this easier then how hard it is to find an engine with a transaxle and an automatic. Because we can only afford 80s erra cars. Most everything in our price range is manual transmission, and in the 80s they were mostly manual import cars trying to squeeze every bit of gas millage out of the engine. 80s was a really bad time for emissions controls and millage.
http://www.tycentre.com/products/spareparts/gspares/gas_engines.htm

man I would give any thing to take something like that for a spin. I will just have to settle for my radio controlled buggy :D

Yeah they are SWEET, my buddies dad owned like 9 sand pits where they just dug up the land and got different types of sand and rock for landscaping and building purposes in Massachusetts and he had 2 of em and we used to take em out and run the hell outta em. almost impossible to get stuck and they are fast as hell.

Back
Top Bottom