Time for a new PSU

Holysky

Fully Optimized
I am looking for a power supply, prefrebly modular, or whatever is the best deal that can run 9800 gtx (or+) in SLI. I guess im looking for at least 700 watts. My price range is 100 dollars and i will order from any website.

Thanks

anything else possibly a little under that price? i for got to menton shipping and taxes are needed. Shipping zip is 08244

RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152035

Dunno about the quality, and it's 630W, which is more than enough to power a 9800GTX+.

If you go any higher on anything in that price range, you won't be getting a quality power supply. And that's something you need to think about. Remember, a cheapy but high wattage PSU, it most likely isn't very good.

Edit:

There's also this one, which again, I have no clue if it's a high quality brand/PSU.

RAIDMAX RX-700SS 700W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152030

it needs to be under 100 dollars wit hshipping included. I can order from other places besides newegg btw

You don't NEED a 700W PSU to run an SLI config...quality over quantity.

With that in mind:
610W PCP&C-$70, free ship, w/rebate
750W PCP&C-$80, free ship, w/rebate
700W OCZ-$50, free ship, w/rebate
650W Corsair-$70, free ship, w/rebate
700W Thermaltake-$100, free ship, w/rebate
750W PCP&C-$105, free ship, w/rebate

and since I know that everything has a rebate nowadays and they are a pain in the but, here's 2 without them:

1)650W Antec-$100, free ship
2)650W Antec-$100, free ship

Any of these should do you fine. Personally, I like PCP&C and OCZ...

Hope this helps,
Zac

You don't NEED a 700W PSU to run an SLI config...quality over quantity.

With that in mind:
610W PCP&C-$70, free ship, w/rebate
750W PCP&C-$80, free ship, w/rebate
700W OCZ-$50, free ship, w/rebate
650W Corsair-$70, free ship, w/rebate
700W Thermaltake-$100, free ship, w/rebate
750W PCP&C-$105, free ship, w/rebate

and since I know that everything has a rebate nowadays and they are a pain in the but, here's 2 without them:

1)650W Antec-$100, free ship
2)650W Antec-$100, free ship

Any of these should do you fine. Personally, I like PCP&C and OCZ...

Hope this helps,
Zac

Needs to be under 100, and modular, he says..

But I agree about the OCZ, the one I've had runs great (500W OCZ Stealthxsomething..)

Needs to be under 100, and modular, he says..

But I agree about the OCZ, the one I've had runs great (500W OCZ Stealthxsomething..)

Yeah...I noticed that, but if you leave modular out of the equation you can get a better PSU for your money IMHO. It's not that big of a pain in the butt to get a regular PSU--you just have to know how to route cables. I've never once used a modular PSU, and my systems have always looked wonderful. And I think all but one link that I posted was 100 bucks or under with rebate.

Yes, I have the exact same OCZ PSU...500W StealthXStreme maybe? Works like a beaut.

EDIT: Also, the first Antec I posted IS modular :)

but here's an OCZ 700w for 70 bucks with free ship but rebate that's modular

and a Coolmax 700w for 80 bucks with a rebate but no free shipping that's modular

Yup. the StealthxStream..I love it..

I agree, I have my case looking nice, especially w/ my PSU because the cables aren't extremely long.

Back
Top Bottom