Changing USB Poll Rate in XP SP3

ddgtr

Solid State Member
Hi,

Can anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to increase the USB polling rate in Windows XP with SP3? Not only the mouse, but ALL the USB.

Thank you in advance

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that depends on your hardware more than your computer.

......depends on your hardware more than your computer.

I do not understand... Do you mean hardware vs. software?

I have a dual core intel processor, 2 gb ram, 400 gb hd...

I did some research and there were some links (all dead now) that were supposed to point to a file that could replace a system file containing the usb polling rates. According to all the people who have done it, the operating system and service pack versions were the only constant in this process. No one had mentioned anything about hardware...

My technical level and understanding of computers is pretty low, that's why I would appreciate some help with this. What I am trying to accomplish is to stream music via usb to a Bryston DAC. Well, I have some popping noises which apparently are caused by many things. People who have fixed this report changing/increasing the usb poll rate...

Thanks!

THanks Atomic, I will give it a try!!!

OK, it goes from bad to worse... Sorry guys...

I used the Mouserate Switcher 1.1 and here is what I got, both on my laptop and my desktop both running xp with sp3:

Ran Mouserate Switcher in Safe Mode as per instructions;
Clicked on "Patch"
Here I get the following error: "Could not find a valid sequence. Please use Windows' original usbport.sys"

I don't know what I am doing wrong... The "Patch" button is my only option (other than Quit) when I first run the program.

Please help...

Back
Top Bottom