truck projet ideas??

slayer6466

Baseband Member
truck project ideas??

my dad has this old 63 gladiator sitting in the back.He wanted to start taking it apart to make it his new toy.so what he was either thinking of doing is painting it hunter green[he's gonna do the body work himself anyway] and dropping in a cummins 12 vavle his friend has lying around or painting it its original red and keeping the original straight six engine.He was gonna replace the tranny with a 400 or a 4x4 from a k5 blazer.he was gonna use the non 4x4 400 if he went with the with original route.This would make a great mud toy.what do you guys think?

023-1.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

moneys not really a factor for him because his mechanics will do all the engine work etc and he'll do all the body work.

So what do you want to end up doing to this thing? Want it restored? 4x4? Mudder? Crawler? Trail rig? Trailer queen? Mall crawler?

I would go the cummins route as it would be BA, but if you want a trail rig, the thing might weigh a bit too much. Those Diesels way a shit ton.
For a trail rig, I would either keep the straight six, or pick up a smallblock somewhere.

front were closed knuckle Dana 44,Rears were Dana 44 in 1/2T, Standard gear ratios was 3.90 .superman it seems he wants to go the cummins route.rubber314chicken,he wanted to go with a hunter Green primer but i showed him the links and he likes the emerald green flake.Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom