windows 7 free for users that purchase...

i agree , all though people that got vista as soon as it was released and had to deal with all of the initial bugs and driver delay problems etc are now just treated like fools by microsoft this is no way for a large corporation like micrososft to treat its loyal customers

Gee? I'm in tears. :( waaaa... waaa... about that.

(meanwhile can I sell you a bridge? :p )

I grabbed Vista the day is was out simply from having already looked over one of the public betas for it months earlier. Like any other version before it you always end up waiting for something.

People used to scream "where are the drivers for 98?" after that one came out. SP1 came out rather promptly however and SP2 beta went on without a hitch here.

You may see a Professional edition as well as the Ultimate now seen as an upgrade option. There hasn't been any actual MS confirmation on the names of the different 7 editions that will be released while each version always sees an upgrade disk as well as the full install type.

Like Vista you can also expect to see the update by download option for 7 offered. You no longer have to run out to a store or order at some vendor but simply go direct to MS for that.

The place to keep an eye for things is at the main Windows 7 page. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Back
Top Bottom