Issue when trying to game

Artifacts are caused by a few things.
- Most often overheating, but since you've eliminated that possibility
- Driver conflictions
- Faulty card

I'm guessing it's the latter.

Well, it could be a faulty card, but since it's happened to 2 cards, and both of them being different kinds.. it may be unlikely..

Regarding my video card, do I need to install the actual CD it came with or is it fine that I just install the drivers? The CD was installed before I formatted but I haven't installed it after. I just installed the drivers.

Regarding my video card, do I need to install the actual CD it came with or is it fine that I just install the drivers? The CD was installed before I formatted but I haven't installed it after. I just installed the drivers.
Drivers from the website will be the new ones, never use the drivers on the CD if you actually want to do any gaming.

I think it's an overheating issue, happened to me twice. And it can also be your drivers, have you updated them, go on the nvidia website and download then.

which games are you playing? Because if you're playing high end games your processor is not likely to cope with them.

I think it's an overheating issue, happened to me twice. And it can also be your drivers, have you updated them, go on the nvidia website and download then.

which games are you playing? Because if you're playing high end games your processor is not likely to cope with them.
I updated them right after the reformat, and just to be sure they are current, I updated them yesterday.

I generally play WoW, Dawn of War, and other random games, but nothing that is too graphics intensive.

Back
Top Bottom