Can a school do this?

book?
if it was a book of photos you received, like a sample of the year book then I'd say that you should definitely have to give it back.

I assumed that you'd received the usual proof samples, like a single picture of yourself and a picture of your combined year group/class group (if they do group photos) that are a lot smaller than you'd get if you actually bought them with proof, or sample written across them.

but if it's a whole book then you have to think that given the production costs of that then it's fairly obvious that it was a buy it or return it agreement.

No it's not a yearbook, I am in the class that is working on that, and we still have a ways to go, haha(using the worst possible program).
It's just a photo with "proof" accross the center.

It was distributed without them making it clear that it had to be returned you.

For starters they can't charge you, they don't have the authority and it's a civil matter. If you are talking about financially charge you for them, good luck they can't exactly do that either.

Our school did that. The give you proofs so you can see which picture you want in the yearbook. Technically it still belongs to the photography company and they're "lending it" to you. Of course, our photographers made that very clear when we took our senior yearbook pictures.

They didn't say that when they handed them out, or when they took the picture. But the pictures itself says it needs to be returned... And thats when I heard you can get charged too.

OK I'm going to be the one to ask.....Why not just give em back if you don't want them????? There really is no reason to make a big deal about it whether its legal or not. Why would you want to keep a picture that says proof across it anyways??? Or is the real story that you threw it away and now they are telling you that you have to pay for it???

They didn't say that when they handed them out, or when they took the picture. But the pictures itself says it needs to be returned... And thats when I heard you can get charged too.

If the picture itself says they have to be returned than yeah if you don't return it then you are required to either give it back or fork over the dough IMO.....

No, I still have the pictures, I am just angry at the company for the terrible job they are doing in everything else for out yearbook, and other pictures. So I am just trying to make a big deal out of something small, haha.

Back
Top Bottom