Sound Cards

newguy11

Baseband Member
hey everyone. asking about a good sound card today. i want to buy a really good one. i have money to spend but dont wanna spend like $200 on a sound card u know haha. i have vista, and i cant really find a sound card for vista. please help thank you!

You could posibibly use the graphics card i have to use HD and Sound, that means you kill 2 birds with one stone? That will only work though if you have a HDMI Port on tv/moniter?

ive heard good things from this card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156006

there the obvious creative sound card route, but with vista you might try to avoid that. im not in the loop about the latest drivers for it but last i heard they were poor for vista

Actually when Vista first came out Creative's support site was seeing Vista drivers download and install on XP causing problems with the automatic updater that runs when first installing everything. Later they cleaned up that mess and separated each update.

The one thiing you didn't look at with that brand of card is what versions are supported. newguy11 is running Vista while the drivers for that list only upto XP! Creative drivers not only work well on 7 so far they carry updates for the 64bit editions of Vista.

Actually when Vista first came out Creative's support site was seeing Vista drivers download and install on XP causing problems with the automatic updater that runs when first installing everything. Later they cleaned up that mess and separated each update.

The one thiing you didn't look at with that brand of card is what versions are supported. newguy11 is running Vista while the drivers for that list only upto XP! Creative drivers not only work well on 7 so far they carry updates for the 64bit editions of Vista.

Creative has one huge advantage in the driver department, Daniel K., the dude is amazing, he knows Creative's hardware and drivers better than Creative's own engineers, he has a modded set of drivers out already for Win7...

Daniel K. does it again

they should hire this guy as a consultant or something as much as he fixes their drivers for the masses that have Creative sound cards...

also, here's a link to their refurbished sale, I got a X-Fi Platinum for less than $70 shipped, there are some really good deals on there and my "refurbished" card and drive bay didn't have a sctratch on it, it looked brand spankin' new and works like it's new too...

refurbished Creative products

Sounds good to me! But I simply installed one of the updates I downloaded and saved to a folder for Vista and haven't seen one glitch come up. Supposedly most of the Vista drivers out now will easily work when 7 is out in the finished form there too.

Everything I've installed as far as regular programs except one has worked without problems. Some 3rd party tools written for Vista still won't install however due to the newer version error typically seen when changing over.

Back
Top Bottom