windows 7 free for users that purchase...

Seems like it's not for people who buy the vista OS alone but more for the people who buy a PC with vista loaded on it.

According to TechARP, Microsoft will allow resellers to purchase Windows 7 upgrade media, which they can then offer to customers who buy a Vista-power system between July 1, 2009, and a date to be determined.

will offer free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades to users who buy Vista PCs after July 1

The upgrades, however, would not be shipped to those PC buyers until the general availability date for Windows 7

I hope that it is for people who buy vista as well because I will just put off my new build until after that date and just buy the Vista OS at that time solely for the free upgrade....Plus I'm sure it will be pretty cheap then too since 7 is coming out either late 09 or early 10....;)

why would that be bad for people who bought vista already? most people who buy an OS expect to buy another in the upcoming years. it basically is just a bonus.

i think microsoft is trying to avoid another vista by giving people few reasons not to upgrade to windows 7.

They did the exact same thing with Vista if you bought an XP system in late 2006 you got a free Anytime upgrade coupon along with a new system. Vista while being a bit sluggish sees far less problems then XP for sure.

Why do you think SP3 has over 1,000 fixes in it?! So far 7 has only seen a few things still being beta while a leap over the previous two performance wise.

If people don't get it for free they'll just pirate it. Getting past the windows validation thing isn't that difficult...

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;890467 said:
Early adapters get screwed again. I think a discount should be more applicable to people that buy something right off the bat. Not because people are late to the party.

i agree , all though people that got vista as soon as it was released and had to deal with all of the initial bugs and driver delay problems etc are now just treated like fools by microsoft this is no way for a large corporation like micrososft to treat its loyal customers

Back
Top Bottom