Less homework in school?

Kids today have no idea what hard really is. Just wait till you get out into the real world and have to make enough money to pay off things like:
Student loans (extremely expensive if you go to a good college)
Rent (kids today don't want to live in a dump and nicer places are expensive)
Car payment/insurance (again, gonna want a nice car, more expensive yet)
Girlfriend (expensive at times)
Wife/kids when you get older (the most expensive of all)
You're gonna want to party on the weekends (can be expensive)

Then once you get out of college, try and get a good job, not easy let me tell you. I know this from experience.

Kids come home from school and all they want to do is hang out with their friends and play video games till dinner time and then do it some more. They don't want to actually do things like homework.

Yeah, wait till you get out into the real world, you'll wish every day that you were back in school sponging off mommy and daddy and having someone to clean up after you and do your laundry.....etc......

Quit complaining about homework.

You have no idea what real homework is until you go to a private secondary school in Scotland.

Such a hardship for you, actually having to do some work. Maybe this is why most Americans I've met have been completely ignorant and poorly educated, the US education system is a complete mess.

Although I do agree exams are a waste of time; they achieve absolutely nothing (because everyone I know instantly forgets everything they've learned as soon as they leave the exam hall... totally defeats the purpose of "learning") and your performance on the day is usually not in correlation to your understanding of the material because of stress levels etc. Schools in the UK are basically exam factories these days - the government seems to think it's a great idea to shove everyone through some kind of higher education regardless of what it is. So, instead of becoming a plumber or electrician (both extremely useful and rewarding trades)... go and study Surf School Management Science at Gravesend Polytechnic.

That's also why exams are useless, they just end up railroading many decent people into not doing what they want to do.
i completely agree that schools and colleges are exam factories in the UK pretty much just cram all the sylabus into your heads and then send you off into the exam hall hoping you come out with decent grades
leading to a lot students with no real subject knowledge thats why i cant wait to go to uni next year and really learn about my chosen subject in depth
right now im doing 3 A levels and one of them is an exam only subject and it really pisses me off that my whole performance over 2 years of this subject is going to be assessed on just 3 hours in an exam hall

Kids today have no idea what hard really is.

I have to agree with that. Look at A/C for example...when i was going to school we didn't have air conditioned classrooms you had to do your work with sweat dripping off you in summer. Now if an aircon breaks down they get sent home for the day..tough stuff that

Kids come home from school and all they want to do is hang out with their friends and play video games till dinner time and then do it some more. They don't want to actually do things like homework.

But when you are working when you come home you generally will not have work to do at home (but you do have other responsibilities that I do a few of now- cooking, laundry, ect). I'd much rather school be longer because I can concentrate on my work more at school, and then I'd have the time at home to myself, not school.

lol wed be so lucky lol , the only classrooms that where air conditioned in my school where the it suites and most of the time the A/C was switched off because the school wanted to cut back on bills

When I went to high school, we had no air conditioning equipment. It was absolutely brutal in there. The sad thing is, from what I gather from my neighbor's kid, my same school still doesn't have air conditioning installed.

suppose over in the US though there can be a need for air coditioning , ive heard ac is quite a common feature on houses over there , whereas over here its practically unheard of

suppose over in the US though there can be a need for air coditioning , ive heard ac is quite a common feature on houses over there , whereas over here its practically unheard of

We don't have it at my house. We also don't use the heat that much. So basically our house is hot in the summer and freezing in the winter.

Oh yeah in the south its almost unheard of to have a house without central air...Shoot even the doublewide trailers got central air around here..:D

just wait til you get a job, work the weekends and go through college.. trust me school is nothing.. its the easiest time of your life, and you have hardly anything to do in comparison when you get a job (if you actually get a proper job, not just sponge off the state or get into a dead end job)

um.. no.. i went to a private school, from 8 til 17, then i left and now i fix aircraft radio equipment on an apprenticeship scheme.. they are good schools, and if i went to any of the local schools around here i would not have had the opportunities i have had. Plus the school trips at private school are better... France numerous times, Belgium, Egypt twice, adventure camping weeks in Wales and alot of my friends there went skiing, etc, etc..

Plus if there is more homework, and it is actually enforced to any degree, there will be less kids running around causing trouble and damaging property..
Private schools here are too "high class" for me.

And I have no idea what I want to do yet. Military and DJing sounds good. Maybe a computer business. I don't take my life very seriously so I'm prepared for flaming.

Back
Top Bottom