Problem using HITACHI HDP725050GLA380 500GB

leoengel

Beta member
Hi, forum well this is my first post and i come with a problem, i have a MSI K9N SLI-F V.2 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570LT ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130168

I have a 250 gb sata as a primary HD, and i bought a HITACHI HDP725050GLA380 sata II 500GB, so the problem comes when i connect the new hard drive and turn on the pc, it says that i press DEL to run the BIOS, when i do, it reads the drives in a black screen and start searching drives then it says reading sata1 ...
then it does nothing, i left the pc like that about 15 min and it just kept the same screen, i have winxp sp2, i searched the web if i could find something to fix this but no luck, i hope you can help me

i already do that, also i connected the new hd as a primary but i happened the same, it kept searching for a sata1 thing

Do you have the boot order correct in the BIOS?

You could also try booting with the Hitachi disconnected, then connecting it after XP is loaded and running. SATA drives are hot swappable, so you can connect/disconnct them while the system is running.

i'll try to do that tonight, i'll feedback any result tomorrw morning thnks

it worked it worked!! thanks atomic i had to turn on the pc and windows detected it, thank you very much for that :D

Back
Top Bottom