graphics card driver problems

droo09

Baseband Member
I am trying to re-install my nvidia drivers, but am having a hell of a time trying to uninstall my previous drivers. I tried add/remove which gives me an error, and when I try to delete it through device manager, it gives me another error saying that it is might be necessary for the computer to function. Any suggestions?

I am trying to re-install my nvidia drivers, but am having a hell of a time trying to uninstall my previous drivers. I tried add/remove which gives me an error, and when I try to delete it through device manager, it gives me another error saying that it is might be necessary for the computer to function. Any suggestions?

What OS are you running?? And what in detail is the error messages you are getting? Also are you trying to install the latest drivers or re-install an old version?

Matt

I am running Win XP. nvuninst.exe is the error. The error comes up for both instances; where I try to uninstall through add/remove prgm, and when I try through device manager. It also says "this driver may be required to boot computer", when I try through device manager.

If you're having trouble uninstalling through add/remove programs, you could just go straight through Driver Sweeper, although it's recommended to uninstall though add/remove first.

Reboot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper.

Back
Top Bottom