.dll problems

azguy

Solid State Member
I applogize if this is the wrong aea but I didnt see anywhere else. I am haing trouble with a .dll file. The C:\windows.khiho.dll is missing and my computer either freezes or reboots itself and the freezes. How do I fix this. I only get a few second window if any from when I start the computer up to when it crashes. Am I completely screwed?

Use your Windows Install CD to repair the installation.

This will re-install all thes files without having to do a full install.

Thanks I will try that. Will it erase any of the files or anyhting on my computer?

You won't loose any of your files when you repair the OS installation. The repair just removes the files relating to Windows OS and replaces them, including the missing ones.

At what point when I insert the disk will it let me repair the insallation? The only option it gives me is to install windows and then it cancels it bacause I have installed updates and it is now a newer version that what I have on the disk. It says in order to reinstall windows I have to boot from the disk. I dont know how to do that without screwing something up. How do I do a repair only install?

Usually it says "Press any key to continue" after doing so, it takes you to a Welcome to Setup screen...

It should "should" say press R to repair...

It doesn't say any of that. I only get about 30 second before the computer freezes and restarts but when it restarts it is frozen and I can't do anything.

umm is it xp home or pro?

Also another thing if its counting down press the arrow keys and it should stop the countdown.What other options does it say? or only says install? any error messages?

it is xp home. It does not really count down, it just shuts itself off and restarts after 30 seconds and freezes when it sarts up on its own. when I insert the disk after the computer starts up it gives me the options to install windows, install optional programs, check compatitbility, find out about windows(or something like that) and one more that I can not remember.

What is the process to get to the repair screen. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom