deal went south on me.

I am surprised you never asked....

Why would I ask when I am being told to return her money.I did comment on it though.

I know for a fact that there was nothing wrong with the workings of that computer when you bought it and I know I sold it to you in good faith ,you say it doesn't work at all - it doesn't boot up - have you tried charging the battery?

and her response

I am not trying to convince you it doesn't work, I know it doesn't work. I am very familiar with computers and yes I am sure it's not just the battery as you suggested.

Maybe you need to meet with her and thrash it out, have a look at the lappy, maybe you can tell if it has been dropped or something.
If you don't want to meet with her, just totally ignore any emails from her, she will either give up or sue you.

we had a problem like this with a tractor. tell that hoe to BRING IT ON!!!! beotch

I have done that once,a guy was threatning to file a claim with paypal and leave feedback,i told them to do as they please and i never heard from them since.

I would personally meet with her and see for yourself wether or not the laptop is working.

if she works in the field then she should be well aware of the phrase

"Caveat Empor" (buyer beware).

You showed her a working machine, that had nothing wrong with it, she inspected the machine and agreed to buy it based on what it was worth. there is not a lot that she can do with that.

If she emails you again saying that she works in the field threatening you, tell her that you reasonably feel that you have done everything that is reasonable.

you've sold her a working laptop that she has inspected and seen working, that you've continued to communicate with her after the sale offering free technical advice, you've suffered her threats of court action and possible damage to your name as she threatens to take you to court, and possible psychological abuse as she threatens to arrive at your house.

Ask her to kindly take the laptop to a shop, where she may get it fixed, tell her that it's not your problem if she's dropped the machine, spilled something on it or otherwise broken it, it was sold as seen and that you've already gone above and beyond what you'd have expected to do as someone selling second hand items in a classified column.

She agreed to buy a working laptop that was working at the time of purchase, and to the best of your knowledge would have kept on working.

Don't tell her to bring it on, getting aggressive won't get you anywhere.

Don't tell her to go ahead and try and sue you, and that she'll loose as you sold in good faith and she later broke the machine, don't tell her that she'll loose and you'll counter claim for costs and damages, (cause that's just threatening her).

do ask her politely to stop contacting you.

If she doesn't stop contacting you then I suggest that you go to the police and explain the situation and ask if they can place a restraining order on her to stop her contacting you, take evidence of her threats in the form of the emails that she's sent you.

(don't tell her you're going to do this, cause again that's a threat).

Exactly as root has stated. Be mindful of what you say because it can and will come back to bite you on the ass.

Yes, going off of what D88 has said, if you do meet with her, or send her an email, either bring someone along as witness or have someone else read the email before sending back. This will help ensure you don't say/do something that can haunt you, and anything new that comes up has a witness.

and even if I do not win the case, I won't be losing anything since I already work here and have free legal advice whereas you would quickly spend that $320 on filing papers in response to my claim and in having to show up in court and defend yourself. It's up to you I guess.

although that could backfire too as she could be ordered to pay your costs as well

i would calmly state what root said or words to that effect , if you get aggressive with her its only going to back fire she might just be trying to bait you into getting angry/aggressive with her i would rise above it

Back
Top Bottom