Motherboard and GPU

Dieter

Baseband Member
I was thinking about making a new rig since I'm thinking that my current rig for some reason has parts that don't work too well with each other. Might seem like a stupid reason for some people to make a new rig but oh well. Anyways, I want to get a motherboard with the Nvidia nForce 780a SLI MCP chipset, and then possibly get a Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 GPU. Anyone have any expirience with these products? Is it worth it? Do they perform well? I'll be getting a Raptor HDD and then a Large Storage HDD. I also use a 32" LCD TV as my monitor/T.V.. As far as a processor goes, I kind of want to try a Phenom.

those are all great but i would recommend either staying with just intel or just AMD. the new phenom 2's are great. im considering one myself. if you were to go with a phenom i would go with a 4870. they perform great and eventually you can crossfire 2. crossfire performs better then SLI.

You mean the 780a? I'd probably go with a 790GX or 790FX as you'll never be SLI'ing the GTX 295 (unless you're mad). They're generally a better option that the Nvidia mobos and you won't require SLi.

That better be 2560x1600 on that LCD or it's not really worth it.

A light bulb just went off in my head... would having an AMD Processor and a Nvidia GPU cause a BSOD when playing games in vista 64-bit?

i don't think so. My friend has intel running ati. I seriously doubt ati/amd would limit their customers to only amd users.

Hey it was just an idea, I know vista is real messed up so it could be anything. Now that I got that Windows 7 Beta I have not BSOD'd at all.

Back
Top Bottom