Looking to buy an Xbox 360. Are they worth it?

ok so do you have any actual facts to back up your opinion that the playstation is way worse

1. PSN is very unreliable and does not have many features.
2. Controllers have no rumble feature (which makes a lot bigger difference than you would think).
3. Graphics aren't really any better than the 360.
4. Does not have as many good games (it costs the developers 5 times as much to make a game for the playstation than it does for the xbox).
5. Cost is much greater than the xbox 360.

Those are the 5 big disadvantages. And there are all of the little things like the fact that it doesnt have netflix, it doesn't have compatibility with Zune, etc.

Of course, it does have some advantages, like it comes with wireless built in, it can play blu-ray, and all of the other things mentioned already in this thread.

But really, for almost all situations, the xbox 360 is the better and more affordable choice.

2. Controllers have no rumble feature (which makes a lot bigger difference than you would think).
4. Does not have as many good games (it costs the developers 5 times as much to make a game for the playstation than it does for the xbox).

Those are the 5 big disadvantages. And there are all of the little things like the fact that it doesnt have netflix, it doesn't have compatibility with Zune, etc.

Of course, it does have some advantages, like it comes with wireless built in, it can play blu-ray, and all of the other things mentioned already in this thread.

But really, for almost all situations, the xbox 360 is the better and more affordable choice.

1.) ive never had a problem with PNS, not once

sure, u dont get support, and the service isent AS good...but its free

2.) go out and buy a dualshock 3

3.) that's opinion

4.) another opinion

5.) if u think about it...there about the same...with LIVE, a wireless reciver and such

it ,may not have Netflix, but they have a great online downlaod store.

not being a dick...just pointing out the facts.

I wish they start putting some JRPGs onto the PC, i would get them in an instant.
I think its funny when an system loses an exclusive. The fanboys would just complain, and complain. Its funny to read those. :D

Its better to get both, they both got fun games. Yeah FFXIII is coming out to the 360, but i dont think its quite right to play it on the 360. So I'm not going to get FFXIII till i get a PS3.

You're getting opinion messed up with facts :rolleyes:

1) Because it's free of course, you have to pay monthly for Xbox Live.

2) Yes they do...

3) Hell yeah, they're way better!

4) Not sure about 5 times as much, but the games are matter of opinion. Soon PS3 will have more games...

5) Because PS3 is better..why else? If it wasn't better than they would drop the price...

Netflix? Don't you have to pay for movies with that? Oh sorry, Pirates, please move on to the PS3. And X360 doesn't have compatibility with Blu-Ray discs :p

Yes, the affordable choice, but kids, don't buy the X360 because you have just enough cash for it, save up a couple months and get the PS3. Then show it off to your friends :cool:

Just thought I'd do a little "remake" of Defqon's post.

1) Because it's free of course, you have to pay monthly for Xbox Live.

2) Yes they do...

3) Hell yeah, they're way better!

4) Not sure about 5 times as much, but the games are matter of opinion. Soon PS3 will have more games...

5) Because PS3 is better..why else? If it wasn't better than they would drop the price...

Netflix? Don't you have to pay for movies with that? Oh sorry, Pirates, please move on to the PS3. And X360 doesn't have compatibility with Blu-Ray discs :p

Yes, the affordable choice, but kids, don't buy the X360 because you have just enough cash for it, save up a couple months and get the PS3. Then show it off to your friends :cool:

Just thought I'd do a little "remake" of Defqon's post.

1) It's $5 a month. I'd pay that for all the features you get.
2) Don't really care about rumble.
3) The 360 has better AA. There is a noticeable difference in graphics, leaning on the 360's side. I think it's because of Sony's processor, or something.
4) The PS3 won't have more games than the 360 anytime soon.
5) Cost doesn't always equal a better product. Microsoft is coming out with a Blu Ray drive for the 360 soon. But, it's still cheaper to watch movies off of Netflix.

but we must remeber this.....PS3 came out later then 360, so developers havent had time to fully understand everything. they have done all they can with the 360, and ya, the AA is better.

But remeber how ps2 games looked when it 1st came out. then look at a game like Metal Gear Solid 3 or such. In time....In time

Its rumored that the PS3 is going to have an price drop to $300 in April
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203084.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;6

Its best not to list the pros and cons of any system.
They will always be different, just pick one, enjoy it, and be happy with it, then get the others when you get enough money.

Im about to get a PS3, dont know when i will get enough money, but i will have more money after Chinese New Year, and wait till summer (In US) to see if they do have a price drop.

When you have more than 1 latest gen system. Your gaming library expands!
Look at one system of games, see if anything interest you, if not. Then instead of going home with nothing, look at the other systems (that you own) game!

Microsoft is coming out with a Blu Ray drive for the 360 soon. But, it's still cheaper to watch movies off of Netflix.
atm thats only a rumor
i also read that this might be an internal drive which would not benefit current x box owners
and plus this would be great news for sony because they would make a royalty from every blu ray unit sold thus meaning sony profit from ms selling consoles as well as themselves selling consoles

ive also read that part of the reason the x box has better graphics right now is because developers cont fully utilise the ps3's hardware

1) It's $5 a month. I'd pay that for all the features you get.
2) Don't really care about rumble.
3) The 360 has better AA. There is a noticeable difference in graphics, leaning on the 360's side. I think it's because of Sony's processor, or something.
4) The PS3 won't have more games than the 360 anytime soon.
5) Cost doesn't always equal a better product. Microsoft is coming out with a Blu Ray drive for the 360 soon. But, it's still cheaper to watch movies off of Netflix.

1) Yes the voting poll and the comment section etc, very good for $5 :D

2) You don't but the other guy does.

3) I actually compared the PS3 to 360 numerous times and the PS3 is far better imho.

4) Probably not more than the 360. But more than the current ones, close enough.

5) M$ going with Blu-Ray? Never heard of that...And like I said, NetFlix is spat on by Pirates. ;)

EDIT: I hope that the 'rumor' is true, because my brother, sister and I saved up for a $600 PS3, but we don't want to spend all our money so we're waiting for it to drop a little.

Back
Top Bottom