Safe mode is not working.

skalpce

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

For about two days i have a problem with my dell, for some add reason it would not let me see the safe mode options. I keep pressing F8 and the only options it displays are F2-setup and F12-boot menu.
The main reason i'm doing this is because my dumba** disabled both user accounts on this computer and now i'm not able to log in windows. the system loads to a point where i have to select user account to log in but there are no icons there to select. at that point I tried alt-control-del and it does takes me to log in screen but when i enter my administrator and the password it tells me that this account is disable and i should contact my administrator, and if i try to do it again the screen freezes and i have to reboot. Also i tried to enable the administrator account in the recovery console, but the NET command is disabled. Please let me know if someone can really help me. THANKS

Which version of Windows? That would be a help here. With XP that would be a repair install since you can't reach the safe mode /command prompt only option to start the system restore there.

With Vista the option to use the restore points is seen in the repair tools if you have a recovery disk. If Dell was too cheap to provide one when you bought it new try the recovery disk images you can download for repair at http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

That will only work for the repair tools since you can't reinstall Windows with it. But the system restore might swing you back enough to see the icons restored along with the accounts.

easiest way would be a repair install like said above. doesnt take very long.
i still dont see how you disabled all accounts. i dont think thats even possible. hmmm.

With a repair install likely seeing a new admin account you should be able to either repair or delete the two problem accounts to see new ones created as replacements. It's a nuisance but a way out of a mess you seem to be in.

Back
Top Bottom