A Few Questions

alexb123

Beta member
Hi

i'm not really a compuer wizz and only know a few basics. but first of all i'm jus wondering about RAM. Is 2gb of RAM a good amount?

the reason that brought this up was because of stutter i was getting on newish games but I was running them on recommended graphics. Has this got anything to do with my computer or the game?

heres my system (i think)

System: Windows Vista 32-bit
processor: Intel(R) Core 2 duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHZ
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia geforce 8600GS

if you need more info just ask and ill get my computer box from the attic :D

Alex

Yes 2gb is good. I have a slow DDR 1gb ram that plays all my games. CoD5, RA3, L4D, WC3 everything!

4gb would be the BEST for games, but 2gb will do you fine, unless you want to a bit further then 2gb is good.

For games though it's mainly the Graphics Card that matter. I have a 7600GT that plays all my games as I said above and it's fine. Yours should be fine too, though I don't think you can play all your games on Max settings. But normal, which is good enough.

If your a hard core full-time gamer, then get a 8800, 9800, HD4870 or HD4850 with 4gb RAM and atleast 2.2ghz.

But for normal use, your fine :)

The bottleneck you're experiencing with games probably comes from the 8600GS. I can tell for sure when you tell me what games you're playing. As far as the amount of RAM you have, it doesn't really matter. The more you have the more processes you can run intravenously. Since Vista uses a little more resources than XP, I'd recommend 4GB. For XP and W7 Beta, you'll be fine with 2GB.

sorry for the late reply...

the games i play are:

Fallout 3
Lord of the Rings Online...well i did but got bored
Age of Conan....same as above :/

there are some more but i can't remember them

Yea, I would agree your low point is the 8600GS. 2GB of memory is fine with Vista, adding another 2GB more would free things up a bit though.

A nice graphics upgrade would be something like a EVGA GeForce 9800 GT

Back
Top Bottom