Windows 7

haha, you posted the same thing twice. :D

I guess I will wait till Windows 7 actually comes out, and then do a trial of it or something.

Haha, must be a Windows 7 fault :p...jk
Well this BETA expires on August 1, and I havn't had any stability or compatibility problems, so ill keep using it until something I need doesn't work. I must say Firefox uses heaps of memory compared to Vista....browsing for a few hours without closing would usually make Firefox take up about 100-150mb or memory, only a couple of hours now and it's using 300-350mb, bit weird.

Matt

hows the performance compared to XP?

Much, slower.

It's supposed to have features like Vista, but take up the resources to run on even the weakest of computers. It should run just like XP did.

Absolutely not. Where did you read this? It uses twice the reasources XP did.

I'm also running it, and performance wise it feels the same as Vista, if not a little slower. The 'task combining' has it's benefits as well as it's cons, depending what it is your doing. It worked flawlessly with all my Vista drivers that came with my laptop. Other than that it's just the same as Vista really, few other little visual enhancements.

It took them long enough to actually release the beta, after their servers died!

Thats pretty true.

haha, you posted the same thing twice. :D

I guess I will wait till Windows 7 actually comes out, and then do a trial of it or something.

Its worth it to give it a go now. Kinda fun.

Haha, must be a Windows 7 fault :p...jk
Well this BETA expires on August 1, and I havn't had any stability or compatibility problems, so ill keep using it until something I need doesn't work. I must say Firefox uses heaps of memory compared to Vista....browsing for a few hours without closing would usually make Firefox take up about 100-150mb or memory, only a couple of hours now and it's using 300-350mb, bit weird.

Matt

What build do you have? I never read anywhere about this expiring. My firefox only uses 64mb. Even with multiple tabs on multiple windows.

Edit- Actually I just read this. Here it is.... sooner then we thought
windows 7 beta 1 build 7000 will expiry on 1 July, 2009 (01.07.2009)
http://www.blogsdna.com/1802/remove-time-based-expiry-of-windows-7-beta-1-build-7000.htm

I patched my Beta 7. So when they try and take it away from us, I wont let that happen.

Unless I get Vista for real, then they can have it lol

I patched my Beta 7. So when they try and take it away from us, I wont let that happen.

Unless I get Vista for real, then they can have it lol

Yeah thats what I did with the Vista beta, we only got 6 months I think with that. Unless 7 starts randomly crashing and dieing on me i'm not going back :)

hmm so after like 10 attempts to d/l this i finally got it now i had no blank cds so i bought a 100 pack for $20 from staples idiot it need a dvd so i buy some dvds i get the iso burned i plug in my empty harddrive and get through all the steps i was on the installation screen and i got an error message saying that some files were missing or something GRRR and I obviosuly couldn't install it on my external drive either...

Guys who use windows 7 beta: you'd better check up the state of your mp3 files...

Lol, well said. I was reading about this problem right when I was downloading the iso. Microsoft released an update to install immediately after installing Windows 7 that addresses the problem, so as long as you install that you should be right. For those wanting to know, check out this page!

http://arstechnica.com/journals/mic...leases-fix-for-windows-7-mp3-corruption-issue

Back
Top Bottom