Need Help Overclocking C2D E7300

ThIzZpInOy

Baseband Member
As the title says! I am currently using the Thermalright Ultra 120 and i want to bump up my cpu. I overclocked it alittle to 2.79Ghz and my temps are: Core 0: 45C, Core 1: 42C (both are the temps at idle) Now playing Crysis at medium settings at full load: Core 0: 63C, Core 1: 61C, and i get at least 10fps-21fps (with Evga 9800gt @ 600mhz core and 1500 shader)

Also i would like to overclock that 9800gt too! (using the stock cooling that came with it)

Umm, cool. Just make sure that you are careful when upping the voltage and I would recommend using a stress test instead of a game. Orthos is a good stress test. You will want to keep load temps around 65C (double check that).

If you want to overclock your video card you are going to want to use atitool or coolbits (I don't know if it is still called coolbits.). Good luck

I would say OC the cpu like crazy, that will give you big gains in your performance, OCing the gpu...? not so much...

Umm, cool. Just make sure that you are careful when upping the voltage and I would recommend using a stress test instead of a game. Orthos is a good stress test. You will want to keep load temps around 65C (double check that).

If you want to overclock your video card you are going to want to use atitool or coolbits (I don't know if it is still called coolbits.). Good luck

he shouldn't have to touch the voltage to get 3.0ghz, if he does at most he should bump it to 1.4v...

As the title says! I am currently using the Scythe ZIPANG ( http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cp...00_detail.html ) and i want to bump up my cpu. I overclocked it alittle to 2.79Ghz and my temps are: Core 0: 45C, Core 1: 42C (both are the temps at idle) Now playing Crysis at medium settings at full load: Core 0: 63C, Core 1: 61C, and i get at least 10fps-21fps (with Evga 9800gt @ 600mhz core and 1500 shader)
I'm not usually worried much by temps, but those sound high for just a game. If you were to run a stress test, they'd shoot up to around 70c (max for the 45nms is 72c). I'm betting you have your Vcore setting set to "Auto" in the BIOS, right? That means the motherboard is increasing the voltage as much as it thinks it needs to, most of the time more than it needs to. I recommend you go into the BIOS and change it to 1.25V, which should be fine for 3GHz. Use 333x9. And if you could post some pics of your BIOS, it would be a lot easier for us to explain.

Oh! sorry guys. Here.

IMG_7229.jpg

[/IMG]

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

I'd run small FFTs on Prime95 for 10 minutes to check temporary OCs. Run it for 5+ hours when you think you have your final OC.

Damn, your BIOS sucks, don't you have access to multiplier and memory options? Is "Overclock options" greyed out and you can't enable it?

You've disabled spread spectrum, that's a good thing, but seriously, how did you manage to overclock without access to FSB and multiplier options?

Back
Top Bottom