Issues with soccer... (even if you dont play, please read, ty)

StratosP

Fully Optimized
During soccer season, I play for a club that I really like, the team has fun together and we all get along and are pretty close to each other. We encourage one another and it's fun hanging out with the team playing a sport we love.

During off-season, my parents wanted me to do soccer because all I'll do during summer is sit on my butt on the computer or with my music. So we went to this 'development program' and I liked it at the beginning. We had to try out for it and only advanced players were allowed in. So basically we represent %50 of the state. It cost over $600 to be a part of the team, which is a lot of money, but my parents paid it anyway.

After a few weeks I started getting sick of it, my coach started picking on me and my 3 friends. If one of us makes a single mistake like misses an easy ball, he'll embarrass us even more by going, "Hey, thanks to Johnny over here, you're all going to do 2 laps of the whole field because he missed the ball."

I could cope with it at first, but then it started getting worse and worse, I'm so angry at him I have thoughts of beating the crap out of him.

Now every Tuesday and Thursday during summer break, I have to go training and see his stupid face, get me and my mates laughed at by the whole team because the other kids are losers. Me and my mates are tough, so they know you can't do anything to them because they have a rich family and can get us into deep s***.

Excuse the language, but I'm so frustrated because I have to now go to this stupid training today. We have I think a month or over left, and I can't take it, this makes me depressed, I hate that team and the coach so much.

It's like one of those idiotic teachers who has their favourites at school and the "bad kids", but worse.

Everytime we muck up he yells at us, he embarrasses us, the other kids laugh because they think it's so funny, but when they do it it's fine. I thought this was a development program not a goddamn show-off competition.

You think taking a sport seriously is bad? Wait 'til you go with these guys, they're fkn nuts!

Now, I know it's a lot, but hey I had to get my thoughts out, I feel a little better already!

Thanks for replying and/or reading my thread.

Yeah I had a coach like that in basketball and to be honest with you its good for some people and bad for others. With me I felt just as you described and took it the same way until I sat back and thought about it. This is when I realized that the other kids that he didn't do it to were terrible. They had no chance of making it anywhere past where they were and if they did it wasn't going to be far. I started taking his criticism as a way to make less mistakes like a bad pass or missing an easy layup and it actually transferred into my regular season games. There is a good chance that this coach is trying to motivate you using this method but it is also possible that he is just a dickhead. I really have no way of telling but if you take it as a way to better yourself and tough it out and forget what the other kids think you will come away from it as a much stronger person. This world is all about what you want and how you go about getting it not what other people think about you. So if it bothers you more that the other kids are laughing at you just think to yourself that they are worse than you and just don't get it pointed out. There is a good possibility that the coach thinks you are better than them and therefor pushes you harder than the rest. If you think he is just a dickhead and doing it to be an ass after practice or whatever have a talk with him face to face and see what his real intentions are. Either way its best for you to use it as a motivational tool and don't let it bother you because in the end you can succeed in life and that coach has hit his prime and is going no further than being a coach....:D :D

But they take the sport so seriously. But it's not motivation he's giving me, I'm %100 sure. If he thinks I do something wrong, he'll tell me to sit out of training for 5 mins. I was the laughing stock of the whole team because I was in a 'timeout' or whatever they call it.

The other kids, I admit are good, but there dickheads. They play as individuals, not as a team. There is no spirit in this club, it's all competition.

No way am I signing up to this for next year.

Yeah I had a coach like that in basketball and to be honest with you its good for some people and bad for others. With me I felt just as you described and took it the same way until I sat back and thought about it. This is when I realized that the other kids that he didn't do it to were terrible. They had no chance of making it anywhere past where they were and if they did it wasn't going to be far. I started taking his criticism as a way to make less mistakes like a bad pass or missing an easy layup and it actually transferred into my regular season games. There is a good chance that this coach is trying to motivate you using this method but it is also possible that he is just a dickhead. I really have no way of telling but if you take it as a way to better yourself and tough it out and forget what the other kids think you will come away from it as a much stronger person. This world is all about what you want and how you go about getting it not what other people think about you. So if it bothers you more that the other kids are laughing at you just think to yourself that they are worse than you and just don't get it pointed out. There is a good possibility that the coach thinks you are better than them and therefor pushes you harder than the rest. If you think he is just a dickhead and doing it to be an ass after practice or whatever have a talk with him face to face and see what his real intentions are. Either way its best for you to use it as a motivational tool and don't let it bother you because in the end you can succeed in life and that coach has hit his prime and is going no further than being a coach....:D :D

Yeah, I feel a little better that someone else knows what I feel. I'll try and stay optimistic, because really I'm a person that likes to stay positive a lot.

stop missing the ball then

Lol Lowndsey
I'm clumsy, what'd you expect?

Just concentrate on the game. Ignore the coach and the kids. Get some pannas going on these punks.

Pannas? But you're right, I'll try to focus more on the game because I'm thinking too much of them instead of the game..

Thank you all!

if i was on my own id quit, as i wouldnt be able to cope. as you have friends with you just stick it out. dont let that a**hole win. anyway you cant be that tough if you quit.

But they take the sport so seriously. But it's not motivation he's giving me, I'm %100 sure. If he thinks I do something wrong, he'll tell me to sit out of training for 5 mins. I was the laughing stock of the whole team because I was in a 'timeout' or whatever they call it.

If that's the case do like Adam Sandler did in the longest yard when the ref kept making bad calls, when hes not paying attention hit him right in the dink with the soccer ball....LMFAO....that might work, if not do it a couple more times.......:D :D :D

Sounds like baseball last year. :mad: Ignore em. You have your bros.
If they get in your face, team up and beat the crap with a pillowcase of bars o' soap. LOL. JK. But seriously keep yourself cool and ignore em. Don't flip off the other teams pitcher like I did in game. :p (Didn't get ejected either!)

Back
Top Bottom