Looking at a new build

Half Evil

Golden Master
Going to convice my parents to buy it for me now, and this summer after school when I start to work again I will pay them back. I doubt it will happen, but its a dream. Windows 7 is freaking hard on my computer.

Anyways, here it is.

I just picked it out in the last hour. Everything is subject to change, lol. But tell me what you guys think. As long as I have been out of everything I think I was able to come up with a good one. Only thing I had a debate about was the processor. I dont know if I want a Quad, or a 2 Duo. Maybe you can suggest me a good processor for around the 200 dollar mark. Oh, and help finding another motherboard. I found that one looking at the processor. I dont know what is a good/not good motherboard. Never understood those damn things.

For the case and the memory I have two different options because I dont know which rout I want to go. Case, not a big deal. Memory can always be added later down the road. Might go the cheaper route on both those. Let me know what you think.

I wouldn't go with either of those two, the RC-690 is great. I've seen it in the flesh and it's very impressive and smart looking.
There are better alternatives than the Q6600 from both AMD and Intel now, I'd recommend the Phenom 9950 because it's available at such an amazing price right now with the release of the 45nm Phenoms. The Phenom is probably a better deal in this price range than Intel. The 9600 is also unbelievably cheap if you don't think you'd need something that fast.
790GX for the Phenom, that's a great board if you stick with the Q6600 though.
Not really worth it to go with 8 gigs ATM, and you can always upgrade down the road... And I'd definitely go with that kit, it's a good deal.
I'd recommend the OCZ StealthXStream 500W instead of the Roswill. The OCZ's are manufactured by the FSP Group whereas Roswill is Newegg's own brand. It would probably be alright, but I'd just feel safer with the OCZ.

That XCLIO case reminds me of an Antec 900, haha. 8GB is a bit much don't you think? For gaming and anything less intensive, 4GB will be more than enough. Remember a 32 bit system can only use up to 2.5-3GB. I say cut back on the extra optical drive, 8GB or memory and go with a different case than the 2 choices above and get a better PSU and GPU.

worshipme, all of your links hat you quoted are broken lol and he doesn't have a rosewill listed, it is a raidmax

I wouldn't go with either of those two, the RC-690 is great. I've seen it in the flesh and it's very impressive and smart looking.

There are better alternatives than the Q6600 from both AMD and Intel now, I'd recommend the Phenom 9950 because it's available at such an amazing price right now with the release of the 45nm Phenoms. The Phenom is probably a better deal in this price range than Intel. The 9600 is also unbelievably cheap if you don't think you'd need something that fast.

790GX for the Phenom, that's a great board if you stick with the Q6600 though.

Not really worth it to go with 8 gigs ATM, and you can always upgrade down the road... And I'd definitely go with that kit, it's a good deal.

I'd recommend the OCZ StealthXStream 500W instead of the Roswill. The OCZ's are manufactured by the FSP Group whereas Roswill is Newegg's own brand. It would probably be alright, but I'd just feel safer with the OCZ.

I am going to look more into the AMDs. Looks like a smart rout to go. I think you're right about the 8gigs of ram. Also probably a good idea on the OCZ.

that motherboard doesn't have onboard video, you need a video card...

I have one, 7600GT. I dont need anything better then that................... yet.

That motherboard you chose is really nice. I have the same one and I'd say its good durable quality with pretty colors and a load of unecessary stuff that I would never need. for $105 its a good deal.

Oh yea, 32 bit now recognizes 4 gb memory after updates

it wouldnt hurt, but i doubt you'll need 8 gigs, unless ur hac...i mean doing some intensive stuff

Lol yeah,... thats it ''intensive stuff''.

But it wouldnt hurt to be future proof. I mean my current Dell lasted me 5 years. I expect this next one at least to match that. Or be able to easily upgrade. And If I ever wanted to upgrade more ram, then so be it. So the 64 bit might come in handy.

Ill have to see whats 64 bit capable. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom